Ipl 2023 All Team List. In total, CSK retained a total of 6 foreign players including Devon Conway, Dwayne Pretorius, Mitchell Santner, Moen Ali, Mahesh Teshan and Matesha Pathirana.
- 1 Who scored most runs for CSK?
- 2 Is Sam Curran playing IPL 2023?
- 3 Which player CSK can target?
- 4 Who will replace Kyle Jamieson in CSK squad 2023?
Who is replacing CSK in 2023?
IPL 2023 | Chennai Super Kings announce Akash Singh as replacement for injured pacer Mukesh Choudhary March 30, 2023 10:57 pm | Updated 10:57 pm IST – Mumbai Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on Thursday named Rajasthan pacer Akash Singh as replacement for Mukesh Choudhary, who has been ruled out of the 2023 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 due to a stress fracture.
“Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on Thursday named Akash Singh as a replacement for injured Mukesh Choudhary. Mukesh, who made his IPL debut last season and scalped 16 wickets, is recovering from a stress fracture and hence, is side-lined from the 16th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL),” a IPL release said.
Mukesh was an impactful bowler for CSK last season, ending up as joint highest wicket-taker along with Dwayne Bravo, with a total of 16 scalps at an average of 26.50 and an economy rate of 9.31. His best bowling figures were 4/46.This injury has hit another dent in CSK’s title hopes.
- Their seam attack has already lost New Zealand quick Kyle Jamieson, who is also recovering from a back injury.
- Deepak Chahar, the pace spearhead, is also working his way back from injury.
- The team’s in-form opening batter Ruturaj Gaikwad is also injured and recovering.
- All-rounder Shivam Dube is also healing from an injury sustained during practice sessions for Vijay Hazare Trophy.
The Sri Lankan bowling pair of Maheesh Theekshana and Matheesha Pathirana will also miss some CSK action initially. Their national commitments, which involve a six-match white-ball series against New Zealand are set to end on April 8. Choudhary’s absence will leave CSK without a left-arm seamer in the squad.
- Akash Singh, who was part of India’s Under-19 World Cup team in 2020, previously played for Rajasthan Royals.
- The left-arm pacer has thus far played 9 T20s in addition to nine List A matches and five First-Class games and has 31 wickets against his name across all formats, including seven T20 wickets.
He joins CSK for ₹20 lakh. CSK will play their first IPL 2023 match against Gujarat Titans on March 31, which also happens to be the tournament opener. The four-time champions will play their first game at the home arena of MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on April 3 against Lucknow Super Giants.
Who will CSK retain in IPL 2024?
IPL Auction 2024 Retained Players
|Team Name||IPL 2024 Retained Players|
|Chennai Super Kings||D. Conway, M. Ali, R Jadeja, Shivam Dube, MS Dhoni, A Rahane|
|Gujarat Titans||W Saha, H. Pandya, V Shankar, R Tewatia, J Little, Alzari Joseph|
|MI||Rohit Sharma, SK yadav, Tim David, J Behrendorf,|
Who scored most runs for CSK?
2011–2015: Success and suspension – Suresh Raina is the leading run-scorer for the Super Kings. In 2011, as two new teams were added to the IPL, the IPL Governing Council declared that each franchise could retain a maximum of four players of their squad, only three of whom can be Indian players, and the rest of the international players would be put in the mega-auction.
The Chennai franchise, keen to have the same set of core players, retained captain MS Dhoni, vice-captain Suresh Raina, Murali Vijay and all-rounder Albie Morkel for a total of $4.5 million. The retention left them with the power of spending only $4.5 million at the mega-auction. At the auction, they bought back some of their star players of previous seasons such as Hussey, Ashwin, Bollinger and Subramaniam Badrinath,
In the 2011 IPL, they lost three of their first five games which placed them at the bottom of the ten-team points table. But then, they went on to win seven of their next eight games to finish second and register a spot in the knockout stages. They faced the top-ranked team Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Qualifying final which they won by 6 wickets thanks to an unbeaten 73 from Suresh Raina.
In the final, they faced the same opponents again, which was held at their home ground Chepauk, Vijay and Hussey put on a 133-run first-wicket partnership that helped the Super Kings to post a total of 205/5. Their bowlers, then, restricted Bangalore to only 147 to take the Super Kings to the second consecutive title in the IPL.
Vijay was awarded Man of the Match for his match-winning innings of 95. CSK also won all their home games that season becoming the first team in IPL to achieve the feat. However at the Champions League later that year, they won only one out of their four group matches and finished at the bottom.
- In 2012, the franchise signed up Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja for $2 million at the players’ auction,
- They got off to a rather slow start in the regular season, winning only five of their first 12 games which put them in doubt of qualifying for the Playoffs.
- Then they won three of their last four matches and qualified for the Playoffs with a better net run rate than the Royal Challengers who also finished with the same number of points.
In the Eliminator, they beat the Mumbai Indians by 38 runs before comprehensively beating the table-toppers Delhi Daredevils in the Qualifying final by 86 runs. Murali Vijay, who struck his second IPL hundred (113 off 58 balls), won the Man of the Match.
- At the final, the Super Kings were defeated by 5 wickets by the Kolkata Knight Riders who chased down the target of 191 with two balls to spare, thus denying the Super Kings a hat-trick of titles in the IPL.
- At the Champions League, once again they could not progress past the group stage with two wins and two defeats.
In 2013, the Super Kings strengthened their bowling attack by signing up five overseas and five Indian bowlers. In the IPL season, they finished first in the points table with 11 wins from 16 matches and qualified for the Playoffs and 2013 CLT20, This was the first time in six seasons that the Super Kings had topped the league table of the IPL.
During the season, they also equaled Royal Challengers Bangalore’s 2011 record for most wins in succession in the IPL (7 wins on trot). In the first Qualifier at Delhi against Mumbai Indians, the Super Kings posted 192/1 in 20 overs riding on unbeaten half-centuries from Hussey (86* off 58 balls) and Raina (82* off 42 balls) before bowling out their opponents for 144.
Thus they entered the final of the IPL for the fourth time in succession where they would play the same opponents, Mumbai Indians, at Kolkata, At the final, batting first, the Mumbai Indians made 148/9 in their 20 overs. In reply, the Super Kings were reduced to 39/6 at one stage before an unbeaten half-century from skipper Dhoni took them close to the target.
- However, the Mumbai Indians won the match by 23 runs to win their first ever IPL title.
- The Super Kings’ opening batsman, Michael Hussey, who scored 733 runs that season at an average of 52, won the Orange Cap for the most runs in the season, while all-rounder Dwayne Bravo won the Purple Cap for bagging the most wickets (32).
The Super Kings gained direct qualification for the 2013 CLT20 which was held in India in September–October. They were placed in Group B alongside Brisbane Heat, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Titans and Trinidad & Tobago, They won their first three games before losing the final group match against Trinidad & Tobago.
- With 12 points from four matches, the Super Kings progressed to the semifinals where they suffered a 14-run defeat at the hands of the Rajasthan Royals at Jaipur.
- In 2014, before the players’ mega-auction, Chennai retained Dhoni, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin and Bravo.
- The retention left them with a purse of ₹ 21 crores to spend at the auction.
At the auction, the franchise bought the likes of Brendon McCullum, Dwayne Smith, Faf du Plessis, Ashish Nehra, Mohit Sharma among others. The first phase of the IPL season, as it coincided with the general elections, was held in UAE, The second phase returned to India, but the Super Kings’ home matches were shifted from Chennai, due to “a deadlock between stadium authorities and the state administration”, to JSCA International Stadium in Ranchi.
The Super Kings started the season with a defeat in the opening match, after which they went on to win eight of their next nine matches to take the first spot in the points table. However, they suffered a loss of form towards the end of the regular season which resulted in three consecutive defeats. They won their last league fixture and finished third in the points table and qualified for the Eliminator against the fourth-placed Mumbai Indians.
They won the Eliminator at Mumbai by 7 wickets and qualified for the Qualifier. At the Qualifier against Kings XI Punjab, the Super Kings won the toss and elected to field. Punjab went on to score 226/6 in their 20 overs. The Super Kings, in reply, could manage only 202/7 despite a 25-ball 87 from Raina.
- They crashed out of the IPL, but, on account of finishing third, qualified for the main event of the 2014 CLT20,
- In the group stage of the CLT20, the Super Kings won two matches, lost one while another match was a no result.
- Thus with 10 points they finished second in the group table and qualified for the semifinal where they met the unbeaten team of the other group, Kings XI Punjab.
After being put in to bat, the Super Kings posted 182/7 in 20 overs thanks to Bravo who scored a 39-ball 67. Then their bowlers reduced Punjab to 34/6 in the eighth over, before eventually bowling them out for 117. At the final in Bangalore, the Super Kings faced the IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders who set them a target of 181 in 20 overs.
- Raina guided the run-chase with an unbeaten 109 off 62 balls, helping the team to an eight-wicket win and their second CLT20 title.
- Super Kings spinner Pawan Negi who took 5/22 during Kolkata’s innings won the Man of the Match, and Raina, who finished as the highest run-getter of the tournament, was awarded Man of the Tournament.
In 2015, before the players’ auction, Chennai Super Kings gave away Ben Hilfenhaus, John Hastings, Vijay Shankar and David Hussey, At the auction they bought back Michael Hussey for a price of ₹1.5 crores. They also bought Kyle Abbott, Irfan Pathan, Andrew Tye, Eklavya Dwivedi, Ankush Bains, Pratyush Singh and Rahul Sharma,
Will 2023 be the last IPL for Dhoni?
IPL 2023 CSK MS Dhoni Retirement News MS Dhoni ‘Not Retiring’ After IPL 2023 CSK CEO Provides Big Update.
Is Sam Curran playing IPL 2023?
IPL 2023: Sam Curran will be that player for us, says coach Trevor Bayliss on Punjab Kings’ missing piece : England all-rounder Sam Curran became the most expensive player when Punjab Kings snapped him during the one-day IPL mini-auction in December 2022.
- Punjab Kings coach Trevor Bayliss believes that Curran is the missing piece for the team as the PBKS didn’t have a finisher last season.
- Bayliss stressed that PBKS were targeting an all-rounder during the auction.
- Curran joined PBKS for INR 18.50 crore.
- I think before I came on board, they recognised, after the last season, that they needed someone to finish the innings off and our tactic at the auction was to get an all-rounder who could bat towards the end of a batting innings but is also able to bowl,” Bayliss said.
“The idea was to get an international all-rounder and we are hoping that Sam Curran will be that player for us. He has done pretty well in international cricket and in the last (T20) World Cup. We are quite happy that we got him on board.” Bayliss further said that England’s Liam Livingstone will join Punjab Kings “very shortly”, hoping that youngsters will stand up in the absence of some big names, including Kagiso Rabada and Johnny Bairstow.
- PBKS will begin their campaign against KKR on April 1 in Mohali.
- Shahrukh looks in good form, he is hitting the ball well and hard.
- Livingstone is one of those players who is not with us here just at the moment but we are hoping to have him with us very shortly,” Bayliss added.
- We have got about three guys who are unavailable from the original squad at the moment who would be hard to replace and these are good international players.
But it is an opportunity for other players to make a name for themselves.” Bayliss also touched upon the addition of DRS to check wide balls and no balls, saying it should only be used when one thinks the decision is bad. “With DRS, the best way to use it is to remember why it was brought in for.
Which player CSK can target?
#1 Sam Curran Curran meets all the requirements for the overseas fast bowler slot at CSK, including the ability to bowl well in the death overs. Consequently, Chennai Super Kings are likely to put up a strong bid for him at the auction.
Can CSK make it to play offs?
CSK captain MS Dhoni led the team to its 12th IPL Playoffs in 14 seasons with a win over Delhi Capitals in Delhi on Saturday. | Photo Credit: PTI CSK captain MS Dhoni led the team to its 12th IPL Playoffs in 14 seasons with a win over Delhi Capitals in Delhi on Saturday. | Photo Credit: PTI Chennai Super Kings (CSK) secured an IPL 2023 Playoffs spot after it beat Delhi Capitals (DC) by 77 runs at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on Saturday.
- MS Dhoni’s men became the second team to secure a place in the knockouts behind defending champion Gujarat Titans.
- With the win, CSK also extended its record of being the team with the most appearances in the playoffs — 12 times in 14 seasons.
- With 17 points in the bag and a commanding Net Run Rate (NRR), CSK ensured the second spot in the points table.
The top two teams (GT and CSK) will play in the Qualifier 1 on Tuesday in Chennai while the third and fourth-placed teams will compete in the Eliminator on Wednesday. The Qualifier 2 clash (May 26) and the Final (May 28) will be held in Ahmedabad.
Will Ben Stokes play IPL 2024?
Story highlights – The ECB also put in significant efforts for the women’s schedule as they attracted a big crowd for this summer’s Ashes. The board earned good revenue from the ticket sale and will look for a similar output next summer. The women’s team, like the men’s team, will start their campaign against Pakistan with the first T20I on May 11.
- Star English players Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, and others could miss the Playoffs of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 season after the England Cricket Board (ECB) confirmed the schedule for both the men’s and women’s cricket team on Tuesday, July 4.
- The defending T20 World Champions could enter the decisive period of their title defence as they will play Pakistan in the last week of May.
On the other hand, Australia will be in England yet again when they visit for a limited-overs series in September 2024.
Who is captain of GT in 2024?
Gujarat Titans Captain in IPL 2024 – Looking at the present performance of Hardik Pandya, the team’s captain, GT will not dare to change its captain. We are 100 % sure that Pandaya will continue its captaincy for Gujarat Titans in the seventeenth season of IPL.
- Hardik’s potential can be estimated from the fact that in his debut captaincy in the team’s first season, he led the team to victory.
- His self-belief and his ability to not be affected by pressure are the qualities that differentiate the all-rounder player from the other captains.
- World Richest Man 2023 Where Is Imran Khan? ICC World Cup Schedule 2023 AFC Asian Cup 2023 IPhone 15 Release Date Talking about his performance in the IPL 2023, Hardik scored 346 runs in 16 matches with an average score of 31.45 and a strike rate of 136.76 which is a little less than the previous season.
GT took the services of Hardik Pandya for Rs 15 Crore in IPL 2023.
Who will CSK buy in IPL 2023?
Here is the final list of all players bought by CSK and the auction price of the IPL 2023 Mini Auction. Ajinkya Rahane, Ben Stokes, Ajay Mandal, Bhagath Varma, Kyle Jamieson, Nishant Sindhu, and Shaik Rashid.
Who is the replacement for CSK?
South Africa international Sisanda Magala has been named as Chennai Super Kings’ replacement for the injured Kyle Jamieson for the upcoming Indian Premier League season starting later this month. Magala was crucial in Sunrisers Eastern Cape’s SA20 League title triumph earlier this year with 14 wickets in 12 matches.
Who will replace Kyle Jamieson in CSK squad 2023?
Who is Sisanda Magala? – Sisanda Magala is a right-arm fast bowler from South Africa, known for his pace and accuracy. He was born on April 1, 1991, in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. He has played domestic cricket for Eastern Province, Warriors, and Cape Cobras. Who is Sisanda Magala? Sisanda Magala’s inclusion in the CSK squad will add more depth and variety to their bowling attack. He is a bowler who can take wickets with the new ball and also in the death overs. His ability to swing the ball and hit the right areas consistently will make him a valuable asset for CSK.
- Magala’s presence in the team will also ease the burden on the other bowlers like Deepak Chahar and Ravindra Jadeja, who have been leading the CSK attack in recent times.
- His experience of playing in different conditions will also come in handy for the team.
- In conclusion, the addition of Sisanda Magala to the Chennai Super Kings squad is a significant boost for the team.
His skills and experience make him an ideal replacement for Kyle Jamieson. With his ability to swing the ball and pick up wickets, Magala will play a crucial role in CSK’s quest for yet another IPL title. : Who has replaced Kyle Jamieson in CSK for IPL 2023?