Royal Rumble 2023 India Date, Time & Live Streaming Details – Royal Rumble 2023 will stream live at 8 PM EST/7 PM Central/5 PM PST exclusively on Peacock in the United States and WWE Network everywhere in the world on 28 January. In India, the matches will begin to be streamed from 29 January, 6.30 AM with the kick-off show attached to the main show from 5.30 AM onwards.
- 1 Where can I watch the Royal Rumble 2023 in India?
- 2 Has Royal Rumble 2023 started?
- 3 Who is going to win Royal Rumble 2023?
- 4 How much does a Royal Rumble ticket cost?
- 5 Which channel is Royal Rumble on in India?
- 6 Where is the 2024 Royal Rumble?
- 7 Will John Cena be in the 2023 Royal Rumble?
- 8 Is Royal Rumble Saturday or Sunday?
- 9 Did Roman Reigns win Royal Rumble?
What time is the Royal Rumble 2023?
2023 Royal Rumble is just a couple of sleeps away and the fans are all but super excited about this premium live event to be held at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas as part of its 30th-anniversary celebration on Saturday, January 28th. The fun of the first premium event of the year revolves around the unique concept of throwing wrestlers over the top rope to stand tall in the end and win an opportunity at a WWE title in the main event of WrestleMania.
Now, with the addition of the Women’s Royal Rumble also, the action and drama doubles as now instead of just 30, 60 male and female wrestlers will make an appearance. Not only this, surprise returns during this event is what keeps the fans on their toes. Speculations about several big names making a comeback always work well for the headlines prior to every year’s Royal Rumble.
As we gear up for the 2023 Royal Rumble, let’s have a look the match cards, live streaming details, where, when and how the fans can watch this and much more. When, where and how can fans watch the 2023 Royal Rumble across world and in India? The 2023 Royal Rumble will stream live on Peacock in the United States and on WWE network all across the world at 8 ET/5 PT on Saturday, January 28th.
- Meanwhile, in India, the fans can watch the live coverage of the 2023 Royal Rumble on the SONY Network on TV at 06:30 AM on Sunday, January 29th.
- Those who wish to watch it online can do it via WWE network on the SONY LIV app.
- Moreover, this premium live event can also be watched in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu commentary on Sony Ten 1/HD, Sony Ten 3/HD, and Sony Ten/4HD.
Just after the end of the 2023 Royal Rumble, a special presser will also take place that will include Chief Content Officer (COO) Triple H alongside several superstars, which will also be streamed live on Peacock in the United States. Match cards of the 2023 Royal Rumble Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match Undisputed WWE Universal Championship Match Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens Raw Women’s Championship Match Bianca Belair vs Alexa Bliss Women’s Royal Rumble Match
Where can I watch the Royal Rumble 2023 in India?
Ahead of the WWE Royal Rumble 2023; here is all you need to know: – What date WWE Royal Rumble 2023 match will be held? The upcoming edition of the WWE Royal Rumble 2023 will take place on January 29, Sunday. Where will the WWE Royal Rumble 2022 be held? The WWE Royal Rumble 2023 will be played at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
- What time will the WWE Royal Rumble 2023 begin? The WWE Royal Rumble 2023 will begin at 6:30 am IST.
- Which TV channels will broadcast WWE Royal Rumble 2023? WWE Royal Rumble 2023 will be televised on Sony Sports Network in India.
- How do I watch the live streaming of the WWE Royal Rumble 2023? WWE Royal Rumble 2023 will be streamed live on the SonyLIV app and website.
Men’s Royal Rumble Participants Kofi Kingston, Santos Escobar, Ricochet, Austin Theory, Seth “Freakin” Rollins, Bobby Lashley, Baron Corbin, Rey Mysterio, Gunther, Cody Rhodes, Omos, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, Karrion Kross Women’s Royal Rumble Participants Liv Morgan, Candice LeRae, Rhea Ripley, Raquel Rodriguez, Shayna Baszler, Zelina Vega, Emma Read all the Latest Sports News here
Has Royal Rumble 2023 started?
Background – The event was held at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, The Royal Rumble is an annual gimmick event produced every January by WWE since 1988. It is one of the promotion’s five biggest events of the year, along with WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and Money in the Bank, referred to as the “Big Five”.
- It is named after the Royal Rumble match, a modified battle royal in which the participants enter at timed intervals instead of all beginning in the ring at the same time.
- Announced on September 7, 2022, the 36th Royal Rumble was scheduled to be held on Saturday, January 28, 2023, at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas as part of the Alamodome’s 30th-anniversary celebration.
It featured wrestlers from the Raw and SmackDown brand divisions, In addition to airing on pay-per-view worldwide, it was available to livestream on Peacock in the United States and the WWE Network in international markets. It was also WWE’s first event to air on Binge in Australia after the Australian version of the WWE Network merged under Foxtel ‘s channel Binge on January 23.
- Tickets went on sale on September 30 with premium hospitality packages also available.
- The official theme song of the event was “Sold Out” by country music singer Hardy, who performed the song live at the Royal Rumble.
- The Royal Rumble match generally features 30 wrestlers and the winner traditionally earns a world championship match at that year’s WrestleMania.
For 2023, just the women’s match winner received a choice of which world championship to challenge for at WrestleMania 39, Due to Raw’s WWE Championship and SmackDown’s Universal Championship being held and defended together as the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship, the men’s winner received a match for the tandem titles, while the women had their choice between the Raw Women’s Championship or SmackDown Women’s Championship,
Where can I watch the Royal Rumble 2023?
Watch even more WWE on Sling TV – You won’t catch the WWE Royal Rumble on Sling TV, but you can use the streaming service to watch episodes of “Raw” or “Smackdown” live instead of waiting for them to come to Peacock. You can get $20 off your first month now if you sign up for Sling Blue. It’s $40 a month after that. Sling TV, $20 per month for the first month
What time is Royal Rumble UK?
WWE Royal Rumble 2023: UK start time – As is often the case, UK fans will have to set their alarms in the early hours of Sunday morning, with the card kicking off at 1 AM.
Who is going to win Royal Rumble 2023?
Cody Rhodes Wins WWE Royal Rumble Match –
- GUNTHER (Rhodes)
- Sheamus (GUNTHER)
- The Miz (Sheamus)
- Kofi Kingston (GUNTHER)
- Johnny Gargano (Dominik Mysterio and Balor)
- Xavier Woods (GUNTHER)
- Karrion Kross (McIntyre)
- Chad Gable (Lesnar)
- Drew McIntyre (GUNTHER)
- Santos Escobar (Lesnar)
- Angelo Dawkins (Dawkins)
- Brock Lesnar (Lashley)
- Bobby Lashley (Rollins)
- Baron Corbin (Rollins)
- Seth Rollins (Paul)
- Otis (Banger Bros)
- Rey Mysterio (Did not show up)
- Dominik Mysterio (Rhodes)
- Elias (Banger Bros)
- Finn Balor (Edge)
- Booker T (GUNTHER)
- Damian Priest (Edge)
- Montez Ford (Priest)
- Edge (Mysterio)
- Austin Theory (Rhodes and Rollins)
- Omos (Strowman)
- Braun Strowman (Ricochet and Paul)
- Ricochet (Theory)
- Logan Paul (Rhodes)
- Cody Rhodes—Winner
Pat McAfee returned for commentary, and Michael Cole looked legitimately surprised. I don’t think they smartened him up, and it made for a great moment. Sheamus came out to a huge pop, but some of that was due to the fact that the Royal Rumble was going to start with a Sheamus vs.
GUNTHER rematch. The Miz, who is the opposite of Sheamus and Gunther, was chopped and beaten into oblivion by Sheamus and GUNTHER, including 25 beats of the Bodhran before being eliminated. Of note, the New Day Debuted the Wheel Barrow Butt Slapper. Johnny Gargano came out to an updated version of “Rebel Heart.” Corey Graves confirmed that “Banger Bros” was not safe for public consumption, and suggested it was a copyright issue.
Fans erupted for a Brock Lesnar-GUNTHER staredown. Brock Lesnar went on a Royal Rumble rampage of eliminations before being tossed out by Bobby Lashley after three minutes. After a Rey Mysterio no-show, Dominik Mysterio walked out with Mysterio’s mask.
He was booed mercifully. Edge’s appearance was surprisingly short, but it led to the return of Beth Phoenix, who speared Rhea Ripley. Logan Paul and Ricochet performed a double springboard spot that has to be seen to be believed. See below. GUNTHER set the record for time spent in the Royal Rumble, with 62 minutes.
Fans did not turn on Cody Rhodes, even though Sami Zayn was not in the Royal Rumble. In fact, they didn’t even come close to turning on Rhodes. More on Rhodes’ big win here. The men’s Final 4 was Cody Rhodes, Logan Paul, GUNTHER and Seth Rollins.
How much does a Royal Rumble ticket cost?
WWE Royal Rumble 2023 tickets: Where to buy tickets ? Price, Availability, and more. Named after the Royal Rumble match, the WWE By 6 months ago Saturday – January 28, 2023 11:40 pm WWE Royal Rumble 2023 WWE Royal Rumble 2023 tickets: Where to buy tickets ? Price, Availability, and more. Named after the Royal Rumble match, the WWE Royal Rumble is a modified battle royal in which the participants enter at timed intervals instead of all beginning in the ring at the same time.
Held annually since 1988, WWE Royal Rumble is one of the “Big Four” events, along with WrestleMania, WWE SummerSlam and WWE Survivor Stories. Follow WWE News and Updates with InsideSport.IN Royal Rumble tickets will usually start at a price of around $80 to $100. Ringside seats will usually run over $1000.
The average ticket price is usually anywhere from $150 to $300 depending on the venue. Royal Rumble tickets for events currently scheduled are in a price range of $132.00 to $3675.00. A ticket to one of the upcoming Royal Rumble events has an average price of around $373.00.
- You can easily purchase your tickets from various sites.
- Royal Rumble Dates and schedule The Royal Rumble takes place in January, usually on the last Sunday of the month.
- The match card typically features eight to ten matches, including the men’s and women’s Royal Rumble matches.
- Most of the matches on the card will run around 10 to 20 minutes.
The Royal Rumble matches are known for being long matches that sometimes go over a full hour. Early entrants in the Rumble match must be able to outlast their opponents for a shot at winning. WWE Royal Rumble 2023 tickets: Where to buy tickets ? Price, availability and more. WWE Royal Rumble 2023 tickets: Where to buy tickets ? Price, availability and more. WWE: Royal Rumble is scheduled to take place on January 28th, 2023 at 6:30pm. Fans will find 6234 ticket listings for this event on TicketSmarter. Alamodome at 100 Montana St.
San Antonio,TX will be the host arena for the match card. WWE issued the following statement today regarding 2023 Royal Rumble ticket sales: WWE Royal Rumble 2023 – slated for Saturday, January 28—has broken the company’s record for the largest gate in the event’s 36-year history. Over the weekend, Royal Rumble surpassed the $5M mark and previous record holder from 2017 – the last time the event was held at San Antonio’s AlamoDome.
Also Read- WWE Royal Rumble 2023: Preview, Prediction and Latest Betting Odds Follow WWE Raw Live Results with InsideSport.IN / Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS Vaishali Kaushik is a mass media graduate with a passion for journalism. She is currently pursuing her master’s degree in journalism and is committed to advancing her skills and knowledge in the field. With an interest in sports journalism, Vaishali has gained valuable experience through her work with the WWE team at Inside Sports.
Where can I watch WWE in India?
WWE Wrestling – Watch WWE Online Exclusively on Sony LIV.
Which channel is Royal Rumble on in India?
How do I watch the live streaming of the WWE Royal Rumble 2023? – WWE Royal Rumble 2023 will be streamed live on the SonyLIV app and website.
How long will Royal Rumble 2023 be?
The 2023 men’s Royal Rumble match lasted 71 minutes and 40 seconds (71m 40s). The survival time for a superstar is the time that lapses between the point when he steps foot into the ring and the time that his feet hit the floor to signal elimination. This does not include the time it takes for a superstar to make his way from the entrance ramp down to the actual ring.
71m 40s: GUNTHER 52m 32s: Sheamus 39m 09s: Drew McIntyre 37m 17s: Seth Rollins 29m 57s: Johnny Gargano 25m 45s: Dominik Mysterio 15m 39s: Austin Theory 15m 07s: Cody Rhodes 14m 51s: Kofi Kingston 11m 13s: Braun Strowman 10m 57s: Logan Paul 10m 28s: Xavier Woods 9m 14s: Ricochet 8m 42s: Chad Gable 7m 45s: Finn Balor 7m 13s: Bobby Lashley 4m 56s: Santos Escobar 4m 23s: The Miz 4m 12s: Karrion Kross 4m 03s: Damian Priest 3m 17s: Angelo Dawkins 3m 07s: Otis 2m 28s: Brock Lesnar 2m 27s: Omos 1m 04s: Edge 0m 44s: Montez Ford 0m 41s: Booker T 0m 39s: Elias 0m 07s: Baron Corbin 0m 00s: Rey Mysterio
Every listed time above should be viewed with a margin of error of about two seconds or so. These survival times all fall within one second of the numbers listed on WWE’s web site, with one exception. WWE lists Angelo Dawkins as surviving for 2m 28s, whereas I have him at 3m 17s.
- I double checked his appearance in the match, and I am very confident that my time is accurate.
- It looks to me like a simple typo on WWE’s end; they list Dawkins and Brock Lesnar in adjacent entries and accidentally assigned Lesnar’s survival time of 2m 28s to both wrestlers.
- I decided to count Rey Mysterio as a participant in the match with a survival time of 0m 00s, even though he never made it out to the ring.
This is similar to what happened with Macho Man Randy Savage’s spot in the 1991 Royal Rumble and with Skull in the 1998 Rumble, If Rey is excluded, the remaining 29 wrestlers had an average survival time of 13m 47s and a median time of 7m 45s. The overall match time of 71m 40s is second longest Royal Rumble match ever, only trailing the 50-man Greatest Royal Rumble.
- That’s right, this 30-man Rumble with 90 second intervals lasted longer than the 40-man version in 2011 and all of the Rumbles with official waiting intervals of two minutes.
- GUNTHER was the Iron Man of this match with a survival time of 71m 40s.
- It’s the second longest survival time ever, only trailing Daniel Bryan’s performance from the Greatest Royal Rumble.
The top six wrestlers on the list all surpassed a survival time of 25 minutes. They are also the only wrestlers in the match who lasted more than 16 minutes. Of these six men, I’d say Johnny Gargano was the quietest, in terms of not really doing a whole lot given how long he was in there.
Even though Cody Rhodes was the 30th man to enter the match, his survival time of 15m 07s ranked eighth longest. That’s because his final one-on-one showdown with GUNTHER lasted 7m 15s. This is the second consecutive year where Brock Lesnar’s survival time was less than three minutes. That was good enough to win it all last year, but not so much this time around.
Logan Paul’s survival time of 10m 57s includes the 3m 55s break he took outside the ring, before he ran back in to eliminate Seth Rollins. Edge, Montez Ford, Booker T, and Elias all failed to survive long enough to make it to the next buzzer after theirs.
- Even though Baron Corbin only survived for seven seconds, he actually did make it into the next waiting period.
- That’s because Brock Lesnar immediately laid him out with an F5 before he could enter the ring.
- He remained unconscious outside the ring until the next entrant (Rollins) came out and tossed him into the ring to start the clock on his survival time.
So there you have it, Cagesiders. Which of the above numbers surprise you the most? Previous Royal Rumble analyses: 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Men 2018 Women Greatest Royal Rumble 2019 Women 2019 Men 2020 Women 2020 Men 2021 Women 2021 Men 2022 Women 2022 Men
Who is Uncle Howdy?
Bray Wyatt has been gone from WWE TV for some time, but that doesn’t mean he’s gone from the company. Fightful Select (subscription required) published a report today to calm down fears that Wyatt had left WWE or been released after rumors had been circulating that internal rosters didn’t list him.
- According to Fightful, Wyatt is still with WWE and that “the particular roster that was referenced in the report omitted Wyatt due to injury — specifically the illness he’s been dealing with for months.” Indeed, that illness has kept Wyatt on the shelf for more than two months.
- His most recent televised appearance came in the somewhat infamous Mountain Dew Pitch Black match at Royal Rumble against LA Knight, though he continued to work matches against Knight at house shows through Feb.26.
The illness has also sidelined Wyatt’s on-screen tormenter/ally Uncle Howdy, played by his real life brother Bo Dallas. When it still appeared that Wyatt was going to have a WrestleMania match against Bobby Lashley, Howdy appeared on several more episodes of SmackDown to keep the momentum going.
But when it became clear that plans would need to change as Wyatt would not be available, that program quietly was shelved, leaving Dallas off TV since early March. Fightful noted that both men are still with the company and that Wyatt wants to return, though there has been no update on his health or an ETA on when he might be back.
WWE notably left Wyatt (and Howdy) out of the recent WWE Draft, possibly signaling that it didn’t expect Bray back soon. Wyatt’s fans are unfortunately used to waiting patiently for signs that he’s healthy and in the right headspace to perform, but this looks like yet another time they’ll have to hold tight.
Is Royal Rumble 2023 on TV?
Royal Rumble 2023, one of the most entertaining events on the annual WWE calendar, kicks off today. The event promises to deliver on some of the wildest wrestling action of the year featuring Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes and more top WWE stars from Smackdown and RAW.
- If you’re looking to tune in this evening, Royal Rumble won’t be on TV, but it will be streaming live for just under $5 on Peacock with coverage beginning at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET,
- You can watch the entire WWE Royal Rumble 2023 event for under $5 by signing up for one month of access to Peacock Premium ($4.99/month, cancel anytime), NBC’s streaming platform.
As in year’s past, there will be both a men’s and women’s Royal Rumble match at Royal Rumble 2023, with 30 participants in the ring taking part in each bout. The last wrestler left standing in the ring in both Rumble matches earns themselves the chance to fight for a championship at WrestleMania 39, which takes place in April.
HOW TO WATCH What : WWE Royal Rumble 2023 When : Saturday, January 28 at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET Where : Alamodome | San Antonio, Texas TV Channel : Peacock, There will be no regular cable broadcast TV for Royal Rumble 2023. It is available as a PPV package from your cable provider, or for much cheaper you can sign up for Peacock at a steep discount and watch it live for just $5,
How to watch live stream online : You can watch the entire WWE Royal Rumble 2023 event for just under $5 by signing up for one month of access to Peacock Premium ($4.99/month, cancel anytime), NBC’s streaming platform. If you want to get more out of NBC’s streaming service, Peacock is running an offer right now which gets you one year of access to Peacock for just $29.99 with code NEWYEAR23,
- That’s half the cost of paying the usual $60/year if you pay month-by-month.
- ROYAL RUMBLE 2023 MATCH CARD & SCHEDULE • Men’s Royal Rumble match • Women’s Royal Rumble match • WWE Universal Title Fight: Roman Reigns (c) vs.
- Evin Owens • WWE RAW Women’s Title Fight: Bianca Belair (c) vs.
- Alexa Bliss • Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match: Bray Wyatt vs.
LA Knight WHICH WRESTLERS WILL COMPETE? This list is incomplete, and there may be some surprises, but confirmed names for the Royal Rumble include: MEN : Kofi Kingston, Santos Escobar, Ricochet, Austin Theory, Seth “Freakin” Rollins, Bobby Lashley, Baron Corbin, Rey Mysterio, Gunther, Cody Rhodes, Omos, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, Karrion Kross WOMEN : Liv Morgan, Candice LeRae, Rhea Ripley, Raquel Rodriguez, Shayna Baszler, Zelina Vega, Emma LATEST ODDS Men’s Royal Rumble Match Odds: Cody Rhodes (-160), Sami Zayn (+200), The Rock (+350), Seth Rollins (+800), Kevin Owens (+1600), Drew McIntyre (+2000), Riddle (+2000), Gunther (+2200), Theory (+2500), AJ Styles (+2500) Women’s Royal Rumble Match Odds: Rhea Ripley (-115), Becky Lynch (+250), Bayley (+500), Raquel Rodriguez (+500), Alexa Bliss (+600), Asuka (+1400), Liv Morgan (+1600), Charlotte Flair (+2000), Bianca Belair (+2000), Ronda Rousey (+3300).
More about how to live stream sports, or top TV shows, on the cheap: • What is NFL Plus? What does it cost and include? A look at the NFL’s new streaming service • How to watch college basketball on ESPN+: What does it cost and include? • What is Philo? The cheapest live TV streaming service: Cost, what it includes If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation.
Where is the 2024 Royal Rumble?
WWE Royal Rumble 2024 Location Possibly Revealed – TJR Wrestling With 2023 already over halfway done, thoughts are already turning to 2024 and where WWE might hold their annual Royal Rumble spectacular. Orlando seemed to be the front-runner to host the next Royal Rumble event following a huge amount of speculation but WWE might have other plans for their first major show of 2024.
- Has now reported that in recent days, internal talk in WWE has turned to possibly hosting the 2024 Royal Rumble at another location in Florida.
- Tropicana Field in St.
- Petersburg, Florida which is the home to Major League Baseball outfit the Tampa Bay Rays is now being considered to host the event.
- Tropicana Field did play host to the Royal Rumble in 2021 during the Thunderdome era which meant no fans were actually present at the event due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is also noted that WWE should be making a decision on the venue for the event in the near future. The 2023 Royal Rumble took place in the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, and proved to be a successful night for two major WWE stars. became the first woman to go coast-to-coast in the Rumble match, winning the women’s bout from the number one position.
Can you get WWE Network for free?
WWE Network Help – How to watch WWE Network for Free WWE Network offers a free version of the service for fans to access and enjoy without requiring a WWE Network subscription. Some content is available without signing into your account, other content you will need to sign up for a free account.
Will John Cena be in the 2023 Royal Rumble?
John Cena And Steve Austin Return – WWE reportedly announced Cody Rhodes’ return—which should have been a surprise—in advance because there are other major surprises planned for the show. So, that begs the question: What return would qualify as one that is actually bigger than the return of Rhodes? Two names immediately come to mind.
Those would be John Cena and Steve Austin. Cena is reportedly slated to take on Austin Theory at WrestleMania 39 while WWE has offered “Stone Cold” a huge payday to return to the ring at WWE’s flagship event, with Reigns and Brock Lesnar both considered as potential opponents for the Hall of Famer. Just take a second and imagine a Royal Rumble match in which Austin and Cena, arguably the two biggest stars in WWE history, both make their surprise returns within the Royal Rumble match.
That’s epic, right? Consider that WWE’s legend-focused 30th anniversary celebration of Raw was a huge viewership hit— resulting in Raw’s biggest audience in nearly three years—and the drawing effect that Cena’s return had on SmackDown, and that will tell you all you need to know about why WWE could and perhaps should bring back both Cena and Austin as surprise Royal Rumble entrants.
Is Royal Rumble Saturday or Sunday?
WWE Royal Rumble 2023: Date, start time, confirmed entrants, full match card, TV channel and live stream. The 30-man and 30-woman matches take centre stage. One of the most anticipated events on the WWE calendar is here as the Royal Rumble takes place Saturday.
Why is Royal Rumble on Saturday?
Jim Ross Explains Why The Royal Rumble Shifted To A Saturday Night There’s certainly a good reason why, WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross gave some detail as to why the Premium Live Event has moved back a day instead of sticking with the customary pro wrestling day of Sunday. It’s all because the United States is right in the thick of the NFL Playoffs.
“Anybody’s wondering about why Saturday for Royal Rumble, that’s the reason. You got the audience,” said AEW’s play-by-play man to his co-host Conrad Thompson on the latest episode of American football fans are weeks away from the Super Bowl and there are only four teams left, meaning that the Conference Championships will be taking place on Sunday, meaning a massive amount of people will be tuning into the gridiron rather than one of WWE’s biggest events of the year.Although recording on Monday, Ross noted that WWE will also have the benefit of no “Monday Night Football” this week on ESPN as the company celebrated its That ended up being a perfect storm for WWE as “Raw XXX” roped in an amazing rating for Monday, thanks in part to the legends announced for the program, no NFL to worry about and it also being the go-home “Raw” before the Royal Rumble takes off.
“That was always a fun event to call,” Ross said, referring to the Rumble. “See how that pans out. Hopefully they have success. Guys get in, have good matches, good outings, don’t get hurt, things of that nature.” : Jim Ross Explains Why The Royal Rumble Shifted To A Saturday Night
Who won Royal Rumble 2023 30 man?
Cody Rhodes won the 2023 Men’s Royal Rumble Match to earn a World Title opportunity at WrestleMania | WWE.
Did Roman Reigns win Royal Rumble?
Watch How Roman Reigns Has Performed in Royal Rumble Over the Years: Roman Reigns has several appearances at the Royal Rumble and By 6 months ago Thursday – January 26, 2023 12:50 pm Roman Reigns Royal Rumble History: Watch How the WWE Star Has Performed in Royal Rumble Over the Years Watch How Roman Reigns Has Performed in Royal Rumble Over the Years: Roman Reigns has several appearances at the Royal Rumble and some of the extraordinary matches.
- Check out.
- Follow WWE Royal Rumble 2023 Updates with InsideSport.IN Besides several Royal Rumble appearances and a win, Roman Reigns holds the record for the second most number of eliminations in a single Royal Rumble match in 2014.
- Let us now take a look at how the star has performed over the years.
- Royal Rumble 2014 Royal Rumble 2014 was the first time Roman Reigns entered into the event.
His debut Royal Rumble match is considered to be one of the best matches in the history of WWE. He created a record as he broke Kane’s elimination record which stood unbroken for 13 years by eliminating 12 wrestlers. The fans that night were super excited for Reigns to win the match but however Batista claimed his second win.
- Royal Rumble 2015 In his second Royal Rumble match, Reigns entered at number 19, eliminated six wrestlers with eliminating Rusev from the last second spot to claim his first Royal Rumble win.
- He won his first Royal Rumble and got his entry into WrestleMania 31 to face Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Royal Rumble 2016 Royal Rumble 2016 was a tough year for Roman Reigns. There was a feud going on between Reigns and the authority. The McMahons were offended by Reigns for assaulting Triple H. Thus, by the order of Mr. McMahon, the League of Nations injured Roman Reigns and Rusev put him through the announcement table.
However he tried his best to last for an hour meanwhile eliminating 5 wrestlers. However, Triple H returned and eliminated Roman Reigns. Royal Rumble 2017 Though Royal Rumble 2017 did not bring great outcome for Roman Reigns it was surely a memorable one. In a clash with Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns lost his Universal Championship and then with an intention of redeeming himself, Reigns entered the Royal Rumble at number 30.
He then went on to eliminate Chris Jericho and Bray Wyatt, however, Randy Orton eliminated Reigns and won the match. Royal Rumble 2018 Reigns entered the 2018 Royal Rumble from the 28th position. He then successfully eliminated The Miz and Titus O’Neil.
- He also took his revenge by eliminating Randy Orton.
- With more eliminations, Reigns ended up in the second position with Shinsuke Nakamura.
- Nakamura won the match by eliminating Reigns, thus Reigns ended up in the runner-up position once again.
- Royal Rumble 2020 The first match of the night was a Falls Count Anywhere match between Roman Reigns and King Corbin.
Reigns won the match with a spear and then entered the Royal Rumble match. He entered from 26th position and could only eliminate Dolph Ziggler and Edge (who returned after a nine-year absence). Coming to the end, Drew McIntyre eliminated Reigns to become the Royal Rumble winner of 2020. Sanchari Bhattacharya works as a Sports Journalist at InsideSport. She has done her master’s in Psychology and is a huge Pro Wrestling fan. She believes when your work is what you love and you love what you do, there is nothing more satisfying than that. She aims to spread happiness, Knowledge and a daily dose of entertainment through her work.
What happens if you win the Royal Rumble?
Prize -, the winner of the Royal Rumble match is traditionally awarded a title match for WWE’s top championship at —WWE currently promotes two main roster with a top championship for each and the winner can choose which championship to challenge for, regardless of the brand they belong to.
For the men, that is the on, the on, Similarly, the winner of the women’s Royal Rumble match (first contested in 2018) is awarded a match at WrestleMania for their choice of one of WWE’s top women’s championships: the, or, With the first introduced in mid-2002, the 30 male entrants from 2003 to 2006 consisted of 15 wrestlers from the Raw and SmackDown brands, respectively.
At first, the winner of the match received a shot for their brand’s top championship, either the or WWE Championship. Starting in 2004, the Royal Rumble winner had the option of challenging for either brand’s top championship. For instance, switched from SmackDown to Raw after winning the to challenge for Raw’s top championship at the time.
From 2007 to 2010, participants from the brand competed along with the Raw and SmackDown brands, with the added as an option, although no winner ever chose it. During ECW’s participation, the entries for each brand were not evenly divided. The ECW Championship was deactivated in 2010, leaving the two remaining titles until they were unified in December 2013 as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
This singular option lasted until the brand extensions’ return in 2016, which introduced the Universal Championship, as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship reverted to being called the WWE Championship. Like the first brand extension, the winner of the earned a match for their brand’s top championship, the Universal Championship or WWE Championship, but beginning with the, the winner has a choice.
- WWE’s – was elevated to main roster status from September 2019 until September 2021, during that time NXT’s top championships (the for men and the for women) were also eligible choices.
- This ended when NXT reverted back to developmental status in September 2021.
- Since the return of the brand extension, the number of participants from each brand has not been evenly divided, as matches have also featured NXT wrestlers, as well has surprise entrants such as and/or debuting wrestlers.
WWE’s top championship has been booked as on the line during the Royal Rumble match on two occasions. In, the vacant WWF World Heavyweight Championship was contested in the Royal Rumble match, which was won by, while in, was scheduled to defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship as a participant of that year’s Royal Rumble match as entrant number one.
This has thus far been the only time that a reigning champion had to defend his title in the match, which was ultimately won by, who eliminated Reigns before lastly eliminating to win; Reigns would earn a rematch against Triple H at and won back the title. In 2008, although he did not defend his title in the match, ECW Champion entered the Royal Rumble match as entrant number 26 before being eliminated by eventual winner,
This was the first time in which a reigning world champion competed in the match in which the winner could challenge them. In 2020, although he did not defend his title in the match, WWE Champion entered the Royal Rumble match as entrant number 1, feeling as if no one on any brand deserved to challenge him at either the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania.
- Lesnar’s participation was used as a way to set up his WrestleMania challenger, which ended up being, who eliminated Lesnar, won the Rumble match and then challenged Lesnar for his title at,
- In 2022, although she did not defend her title in the match, SmackDown Women’s Champion entered the Royal Rumble match as entrant number 17, feeling as if no one on any brand deserved to challenge her at either the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania.
This was the first time in which a reigning women’s champion competed in the match in which the champion could choose their opponent; Flair’s participation was used as a way to set up her WrestleMania challenger, which ended up being, who eliminated Flair, won the Rumble match and then challenged Flair for her title at,
- The Royal Rumble winner may also choose to put his championship opportunity on the line in a match.
- This was first done in 1996, when Shawn Michaels risked his WWF Championship opportunity in a match against at,
- The second time was in 2002, when Triple H lost his Undisputed WWF Championship opportunity at to, but regained his spot in a rematch against Angle on the following Raw.
The third time was in 2006, when defeated at for Mysterio’s World Heavyweight Championship opportunity, though Mysterio was reinserted into the title match, making it a triple threat match. The fourth time was on the February 25, 2013 edition of Raw, where John Cena successfully defended his WWE Championship opportunity in a match against,
The fifth time was in 2015 at, where Reigns defended his WWE World Heavyweight Championship opportunity against, In a reverse case in 2008, John Cena decided that instead of waiting until, he would use his world championship opportunity and challenge WWE Champion Orton at the preceding event, though won the match but not the title when Orton intentionally got himself disqualified; however, after Triple H became Orton’s WrestleMania opponent, Cena earned another opportunity and was inserted into that championship match, making it a triple threat match.
In another case in 2017, Randy Orton relinquished his WWE Championship opportunity after his stablemate won the title, but later turned on Wyatt and reverted his decision; he then defeated, who had become the new title challenger, to re-earn his title shot at WrestleMania.
What time does Royal Rumble main event start?
Royal Rumble 2023: Date and start time –
- This year’s will take place on Saturday, January 28 and is being held at The Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
- The card will begin from 1am in the UK and continue into the early hours of Sunday morning.
- There will be a pre-show on for two hours first from 11pm which will be shown for FREE on WWE’s YouTube channel.
3 ‘Jackass’ star Johnny Knoxville was a celebrity entrant Credit: WWE
What time does Royal Rumble kickoff start?
WWE’s The Bump, Kickoff Show and more slated for Royal Rumble Saturday – Get geared up for Royal Rumble on The Road to WrestleMania with a loaded Saturday slate of WWE programming. Best of Royal Rumble Matches Things heat up in a hurry with a thrilling collection of explosive Royal Rumble Matches past, beginning at 9 a.m. ET/6 a.m.
PT on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok. “La Previa” Spanish Royal Rumble pre -show At 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT, tune in for a special edition of the Spanish pre-show “La Previa,” available on Peacock and across WWE social platforms, including WWE YouTube, WWE Español Facebook, WWE Español Twitter, and WWE and WWE Español Instagram.
Royal Rumble edition of WWE’s The Bump WWE’s The Bump begins live at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT on Peacock, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram Live and Twitch as Kayla Braxton, Matt Camp and Ryan Pappolla break down all things Royal Rumble. Watch as special guests LA Knight, Paul Heyman and Gabriel Iglesias share their thoughts about the crucial first stop on The Road to WrestleMania.
Ultimate Royal Rumble Ultimate Royal Rumble features Matt Camp, Sam Roberts, Ryan Pappolla and Kazeem Famuyide constructing the Ultimate Men’s and Women’s Royal Rumble Matches using past and present Superstars. Don’t miss Ultimate Royal Rumble at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT on Peacock, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Royal Rumble Kickoff The Royal Rumble, sponsored by Cricket, featuring expert analysis ahead of the night’s action, begins at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Peacock and WWE social platforms. Royal Rumble Post-Show Press Conference A special Royal Rumble Press Conference, sponsored by Mountain Dew, will stream live on Peacock in the United States, as well as on YouTube, Facebook and TikTok, immediately following the conclusion of the Premium Live Event.
And WWE Network everywhere else from the The Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, following the conclusion of the Premium Live Event. WWE Chief Content Officer Paul “Triple H” Levesque and a collection of Superstars will break down the historic night. Catch it all, and don’t miss Royal Rumble, streaming live this Saturday at 8 p.m.
ET/5 p.m. PT, exclusively on Peacock in the United States and on WWE Network everywhere else!
What time does the Royal Rumble start on Saturday?
When Does The Royal Rumble Start? January 28 has been circled on the calendars of fans for months now, as the is set to take place this weekend in Texas. This is one of the company’s most anticipated events of the year, as it typically sets up the main event picture for WrestleMania.
- The Showcase of the Immortals is particularly massive this year, having already set ticket sales records earlier this month.
- WrestleMania 39 is taking place in Los Angeles, and WWE is billing it as a Hollywood show.
- With that in mind, it stands to reason that the Royal Rumble will be jam-packed with returns, debuts, and surprises.
Fans looking for the show’s start time need not look further. The Royal Rumble will start at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) and can be viewed live on in the United States. Everyone outside the US (besides Australia) can stream the premium live event on the, Australian fans can tune in for the broadcast over at,