Shab e Miraj in India begins from the evening of 18 February, 2023. Shab e Miraj is known as The Night Journey in the Islamic faith and Muslims worldwide. Shab e Miraj observes every year in the month of the Islamic Date of Rajab 27. Shab e Meraj is also called Lailat al Miraj in the Arabic world.
- Shab e Miraj date starts from the night of 17 February, 2023 in the Arab world and in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, and some other parts of the world on 18 February, 2023.
- Shab e Miraj in India starts from the evening of 18 February, 2023 (27 Rajab 1444 AH).
- In Islam, there are several Islamic events that have their own significance.
However, Shab e Miraj is also among the holiest event in Islam. Each year, Muslims in India do special arrangements regarding the event. They eagerly wait for the moon sighting to be aware about the confirmed date of Shab e Miraj in India and to plan their activities accordingly.
On this page, you can check the complete and authentic information about Shab e Miraj in India. By utilizing this portal, you can check the exact date on which Shab e Miraj will be expected in India. On the other side, you can also check the dates of other key Islamic events in India. It is recommended that you should bookmark this page so you can easily access this informative portal regarding Shab e Miraj in India.
However, if you want to check the Shab e Miraj date in other countries then you can visit their respective pages. Shab e Miraj 2023 India dates for Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmadabad, Surat, Mumbai, Pune, Bengalore, Chennai, Calcutta, Kanpur and other cities are also available on this page.
Umaima, Kolkata Mon 20 Feb, 2023
Ur News 100% Right
Injum Hussain, Nagaon Assam India 🇮🇳 Sat 18 Feb, 2023
Shab e Miraj is about come in few days and The greatest information is always provided on this website, which also includes details about each city.
Tooba, India Wed 15 Feb, 2023
Indians decorate their homes with decorations, bunting, and candles to give them a unique exterior appearance. Before the coming of this night, donations are made to charities.
Eeman, India Wed 15 Feb, 2023
Final dates of shabe miraj in india are easy to plan our evening. Al Haram & Al Aqsa Mosque are very popular in terms of this incident.27th Rajab will remain in my cognitive memory. In Sha Allah
Mahveer, India Wed 08 Feb, 2023
This page always gives the best information and each city detail is available on this page.
Reshma, India Tue 07 Feb, 2023
One should try to keep following in practice when enter in to the phase of Rajab.Act peacefully, astaghfar dhikr,fasting & charity.
Tariq, Delhi Tue 24 Jan, 2023
Indians give external special look by lacing up their houses with decors,buntings & candles. Charities are distributed before the arrival of this night
Ali Asghar, India Thu 12 Jan, 2023
Allah given his servant an interaction by taking him to heavens where he meets various other prophets. Get inspiration by reading Surah Al israh in hindi
Abid, Kolkata Sat 07 Jan, 2023
Muslims of India observe Shab e Miraj by praying, offering nawafil, forgiving one another, and donating to charity.
Aliya, Maudaha Tue 03 Jan, 2023
- 1 Which is the night of Shab-e-Meraj?
- 2 What happens on the night of Shab e Meraj?
What is date of Shab-e-Meraj 2023?
Shab e Meraj begins on the evening of 18-Feb-2023. Shab e Miraj is known as The Night Journey in the Islamic faith and among Muslims worldwide. Shab e Meraj 2023 observes every year in the month of Rajab and the Islamic date of Rajab 27. Shab e Meraj is also called Lailat al Miraj in the Arabic world.
Shab e Meraj 2023 date begins on the evening of 17 February 2023 in the Arab world and in Pakistan, Bangladesh, and some other parts of the world from the evening of 18-Feb-2023 and the day of 19 February 2023.27 Rajab (Shab e Meraj) 2023 will begin on Saturday evening 18 February 2023 in Pakistan and India.
Muslims from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and other countries will be celebrating Lailat al Miraj (Shab e Meraj, Isra Wal Miraj) on Friday night and Saturday day 18 February 2023.
What was the date of Shab-e-Meraj?
|This year:||Sun, Feb 19, 2023|
|Next year:||Wed, Feb 7, 2024 (Tentative Date)|
|Last year:||Tue, Mar 1, 2022|
Which is the night of Shab-e-Meraj?
Shab-e-Miraj observed with religious zeal, fervor Shab-e-Miraj observed with religious zeal, fervor February 18, 2023 Shab-e-Meraj was celebrated across the country tonight with religious zeal and great reverence. Shab-e-Meraj, also known as Shab-e-Miraj-un-Nabi and Laylatul Meraj, is celebrated on the 27th night of Rajab to commemorate the journey of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from Mecca to Jerusalem.
What is the reason of Shab-e-Meraj?
Shab-e-Miraj: Miraculous Night Journey of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) Shab-e-Miraj or Isra Night is observed in the Holy Month of Rajab by Muslims all over the world. According to Arabic dictionary, Isra means travelling at night or walking at night, and Miraj means rising and going up.
Every year on the night of 26th of Rajab according to the Islamic calendar, Muslims observe Shab-e-Miraj (Isra Night) in which the Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) went on a special journey to meet the Creator of this Universe Allah Almighty, crossing seven skies on the heavenly animal named ‘Al-Buraq.’ The Isra Night is also mentioned in Holy Quran in these words: “Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs.
Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.” (Quran, 17:1). This date marks a journey that has no parallel in human history and portrays the power of Allah (SWT) that is beyond the horizons of human comprehension,This incredible journey took place during a time when the Prophet (SAW) was facing intense hardship and pain in his life because his tribe stood against him and humiliated him and his companion.
Apart from this, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lost his beloved wife Khadija (RA), and his protector Uncle Abu Talib. It all started when Angel Jibra’eel (AS) woke the Prophet (SAW) up, cleaned his heart with Zam Zam and led him to a white beast named Buraq and commenced his journey to Masjid Al – Aqsa. When he got there, He met Allah’s messengers in Bait-ul-Muqaddas, and Jibrail asked Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to lead the prayer (Two Rakats) for the Messengers of Allah (SWT).
After leading the Prayer in Bait-ul-Muqadass, they took Him (SAW) upon the heavens on Shab-e-Miraj. And the messengers of Allah (SWT) were taken up in the heavens before Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to welcome Him in Heavens on Shab-e-Miraj. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) took up to Heaven and Jibrail on the Buraq on Shab-e-Miraj.
- They were asked a few questions before opening the door at each Heaven.
- The Door of first Heaven opened they went there where He (SAW) met Hazrat Adam (A.S), the first creation, the first Human being, the father of humankind.
- Hazrat Adam (A.S) met Muhammad (SAW) and welcomed him like a father and as the Messenger of Allah.
In the Second Heaven He met two Messengers of Allah Hazrat Isa (A.S) and Hazrat Yahya (A.S). After being welcomed by Hazrat Isa (A.S) and Hazrat Yahya (A.S), they went up towards the third Heaven were they met Hazrat Yusuf (A.S), the most beautiful Messenger among the Messengers of Allah.
He was welcomed by Hazrat Yusuf (A.S). He proceeded upon the Fourth Heaven and they met Hazrat Idrees (A.S). He welcomed the Messenger of Allah Muhammad (SAW). On the fifth Heaven, Hazrat Haroon (A.S) welcomed the Messenger of Allah Muhammad (SAW). After being welcomed by Hazrat Haroon (A.S), they went up to the sixth Heaven, where they were welcomed by Hazrat Musa (A.S).
He met Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and was very happy. They moved to the next Heaven, where they met Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S), the father of many Prophets who came after Him, including Prophet Muhammad (SAW). He is on the highest Heaven, and He welcomed Muhammad (SAW) and said, ‘Welcome O pious Prophet and pious son’.
- After the meeting with Prophet Ibrahim (A.S) on the Seventh Heaven, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) visited Bait ul Mamoor on Shab-e-Miraj, the house of Allah (SWT) located outside the human realm.
- It is located on the seventh Heaven directly above the Kaaba.
- Bait ul Mamoor is the house that angels visit reportedly; almost 70,000 angels worship here daily without the repetition of angels.
When he finally reached the highest level in the heavens, he was brought into the divine presence of Allah (SWT), alone at Sidratul Muntaha (a boundary beyond which none may pass). It is called Sidrat ul Muntaha because the angel’s knowledge stops at that point, and no one has gone beyond except Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
At Sidrat ul Muntaha, Jibrail (AS) asked Prophet Muhammad (SAW) that this point is my limit the rest of the distance you have to spend alone. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was made to go even higher. The end of this journey on Shab-e-Miraj brought the Prophet (SAW) into the Divine Presence, the ultimate source of strength and relief.
It is impossible to visualize the beauty of this scene or how valued, praised, the Prophet (SAW) must have felt. We do not know a great about what was secretly concerned between Allah and His beloved (SAW) with Allah. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) did not see Allah (SWT) Almighty with eyes.
- It is narrated by Hazrat Aisha (RA) that if anyone will tell you that Muhammad (SAW) has seen His Lord, he is a liar, for Allah says ‘No vision can grasp Him.’ Finally, the Prophet (saw) was brought back down to the Jerusalem Masjid Al-Aqsa and returned to Makah on the Buraq.
- Prophet Mohammad (SAW) was given three things in ascension: He was given five daily prayers, the last part of the chapter of al-Baqara (Amanarrasulu) and the promise that the sins of the people from the ummah of Muhammad (pbuh) would be forgiven except those who died associating partners with Allah.
(Sahih Muslim). After returning from the blessed journey of Miraj, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) narrated the whole event of Miraj to His companions. All his companions believed Him wholeheartedly because they all knew that He is the most “SADIQ” and “AMEEN” person in the entire world.
- The motive behind the Holy Prophet Muhammad’s (SAW) wonderful trip to the Heavens was to show the highest status of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) in the domain of Islam.
- It endorsed the unique position He held, according to Allah (SWT) and His creation.
- We need to commemorate this night by reflecting on the lessons of Shab-e-Miraj and maximising our worship and good deeds.
Being charitable and providing for those in need is a fundamental value of being a good Muslim which is why we, as Muslims must give what we can to help others. (Writer M Ahmad is a regular writer for this newspaper and can be reached at [email protected]) : Shab-e-Miraj: Miraculous Night Journey of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
How many Rakats is Shab e Meraj?
Shab E Meraj Ki Namaz – Let’s first explore what is Shab E Meraj. Many people also recognize Shab E Meraj as Lailatul Meraj. In Arabic, Meraj means to help or support to reach or ascend up. In simple words, it refers to the ladder which is used to climb up.
- Now the next query that comes to mind is why we observe Shab E Meraj and what is its history.
- Before discussing the process of Nawafil of 27 Rajab Shab E Meraj let’s talk about the history of Shab E Meraj.
- Scroll down the page and read more details.
- On the night of Shab E Meraj, Prophet Muhammad Salal Lahu Alaihi WaSalam was taken up or ascended to the Heavens (Jannat).
The journey started from Masjit al Haram located in Makkah to the Masjid al Aqsa located in Jerusalem on Burraq. What is the method to pray on Nawafil of 27 Rajab Shab E Meraj? The first step is to pray 6 Rakaats and the method is to recite Suratal Fatiha once and Suratul Ikhlas seven times in both Rakaat after reciting Darood e Paak 50 times.
- Scroll down the page and read further details.
- Later comes, 10 Nafal Rakaat, after it, you have to recite 12 Rakat Nafal.
- Pray 12 Rakat on shab e Meraj and recite Surah Fatihah in every rakat with any other Surah from Quran.
- After completing this recite “Subhan Allaahi Wal Hamdulillahi Wa Laa ilaah illal Laaho Wallah Hoo Akbar, Astagfirullah” 100 times.
After this, you have to make Dua Fasting (Roza) for 2 days during Shab E Meraj has very Superiority. The person who fasts on this day will be away from azab of the grave (Qabr ka Azab) and the fire of hell (Dozakh). Huzur Sallalahu Alaihi Wa Salam instructed to fast on 2 days against the practice of Jews on 26, 27, or 27, 28 of Rajab.
What happens on the night of Shab e Meraj?
By Liyaqat Ali Khan The history of Islam is rich with miracles that took place during the life of Prophet Muhammad. Among the various miracles of Prophet Muhammad, one of the most renowned incidents is of Isra and Me’raj. It is an incident where Prophet Muhammad ascended heaven at night and met Allah, the Almighty. The event of Isra and Me’raj took place on the 27th night of the Islamic month of Rajab. Almighty Allah sent Archangel Gabriel to the Prophet to bring him up to the heavens. First, the Prophet was taken to Masjid al-Aqsa in Jerusalem and from there he ascended to the skies and the journey began.
- Isra” means walking at night and “Me’raj” means to “ascend”.
- Therefore, the Isra and Me’raj events that are one and the same represent the whole journey of the Prophet from his house to the higher skies and the return.
- In the Quran, Allah says: “Glory to (Allah) Who did take His Servant for Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the Farthest Mosque whose precincts We did bless – in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the one Who heareth and seeth (all things).” The Prophet was carried physically from the Sacred Mosque in Makkah to the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem on a mount (a flying horse-like creature) called Al-Buraq in the company of Angel Gabriel.
There the Prophet led all the other prophets in prayer. “While he (Prophet Muhammad) was at the highest part of the horizon and came closer to Almighty he was at a distance of only two bow-lengths or (even) nearer. So did (Allah) convey the inspiration to His Servant what He (meant) to convey.
Prophet’s mind and heart in no way falsified what he saw Will ye then dispute with him concerning what he saw? For indeed he saw Him at a second descent. Near the Lote tree beyond which none may pass: near it is the Garden of Abode. Behold, the Lote tree was shrouded (in mystery unspeakable!) (His) sight never swerved nor did it go wrong! For truly did he see of the Signs of His Lord the Greatest.” (The Qur’an) This verse refers to the peak of Me’raj where Prophet Muhammad met Allah Almighty in person.
There are other major things that happened on the night of Isra and Me’raj. One of the major happenings of the night of Me’raj is of Prophet Muhammad meeting various Prophets while ascending to higher skies. When Prophet Muhammad met Almighty Allah, besides other things the one thing that Allah spoke about to Prophet was about the daily prayers known as Salath or Namaz.
- Allah made the five prayers compulsory for Muslims, although they were fifty in the beginning.
- In addition, the Prophet also visited paradise and hell during the Me’raj.
- To sum up, the importance of the night of Me’raj is one of the most revered nights for Muslims.
- The journey of the Prophet is looked upon as one of the greatest miracles that Allah Almighty provided to Prophet Muhammad.
Subscribe us on Get the news updates on WhatsApp & Telegram by subscribing to our channels. For all the latest Islamic Hub updates, download our app Android and iOS,
What is the gift of Shab-e-Meraj?
GIFT OF SALAH AND VERSES OF SURAH BAQRA – On the night of Shab E Mairaj, ALLAH (SWT) blessed the Holy prophet with the two gifts: Namaz (SALAH) and the last verses of Surah Baqra. Initially, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) was given 50 salahs as a gift for him and the whole Muslim Ummah but the Holy Prophet (PBUH) requested ALLAH (SWT) to decrease the number of prayers so that every Muslim can offer it with ease.
What is july 2023 in hijri calendar?
Islamic Hijri Calendar For July – 2023 Hijri
|Western Date||Day of Week||Hijri Date|
Islamic Hijri Calendar For July – 2023 Hijri
Is today Shab-e-Meraj 2023 in Pakistan?
When Is Shab e Meraj in Pakistan 2023 – 27 Rajab (Shab e Meraj) will begin on Saturday evening 18 February 2023 in Pakistan. Every year muslims in all around the world celebrate Shab e Miraj on 27 of Islamic month (Rajab). Isra Wal Meraj is also known as Shab e Meraj in islam.
What is the Islamic date in Saudi Arabia 2023?
The hijri date today in Saudi Arabia
|Hijri date:||Muharram 10, 1445 AH|
|Assyrian date:||28 Tammuz 2023|
|Short Gregorian Date:||7/28/23|
|Is it leap year:||2023 It’s not leap year|
|Julian date:||2460154 (Julian)|