- 0.1 What is the fees of BSC in TS Rahaman?
- 1 What is the GP rating?
- 2 How do you get selected for Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy?
- 2.1 How do I join Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy for DNS?
- 2.2 What is the annual cost of BSc?
- 2.3 What is the starting salary of Merchant Navy GP rating in India?
- 3 What is the fees of GP rating course in IMA Chennai?
- 4 What is a full form of GP?
- 5 What is the fees of GP course in merchant navy in India?
- 6 How can I get admission in NUSI Maritime Academy Goa?
- 7 Who is director of nusi?
Who is eligible for TS Rahaman?
Admission Procedure – T S Rahaman
- In response to the advertisement placed in newspapers by the Training Ship, students they are required to fill up the application form.
- Submit it together with copies of their 10 and 12 standard Mark Sheet and School Leaving Certificate before the last date of submission of application.
- a) B. Sc. Nautical Science Eligibility : (A) Educational:(1) Passed 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 60% aggregate marks in PCM from a University of Mumbai recognized Board(2) Should have passed with not less than 50% marks in English as a subject, at either 10th or 12th standard. (B) Age: Not more than 25 years of age on date of commencement of course. Two years concession will be given to female cadets. (C) Physical Standards: As per Merchant Shipping (Medical Examination) Rules 2000 and Merchant shipping (Medical Examination) amendment rules 2016 as per D.G. Shipping Medical Certificate to be issued by D.G. Shipping Approved Doctors. b) B. Sc. Maritime Hospitality Studies Eligibility : Indian nationals desiring to enroll for B.Sc. Maritime Hospitality Studies are required to pass 12th standard from any recognized board approved by the University of Mumbai with minimum 40% in English and a minimum aggregate of 40%. Students will be admitted in order of merit. The Students should have an eye sight of 6/12 in each eye without external 1 aids and possess normal color vision. Students should not be less than 17 / years 2 nor be over 24 years on the date of commencement of training. c) B.A. Culinary Arts Eligibility :
- a) Candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Arts (Culinary Arts) shall have passed standard XII / 10 + 2 examination (any stream) from any recognized education board or its equivalent from India or abroad.
- b) Candidates who has passed Std X and successfully completed a diploma in any stream of minimum two years duration from any recognized education board/university from India or abroad
- c) The selection criteria for admission will be on the basis of written examination and personal interview conducted by respective institutions / colleges.
- Training Ship Rahaman staff may invite the students for a written Entrance Test and interview.
- The Training Ship staff will display merit list and also will invite the students as per the merit list.
- Every candidate who wishes to apply for B. Sc. Nautical Science, B. Sc. Maritime Hospitality Studies and BA Culinary Arts will have to submit an online application to University of Mumbai at, If required, TSR staff will help for completion of this procedure. Documents, etc. required for online – a) Scan soft copy of photo. b) Scan soft copy of your signature. c) Scan soft copy of 10 th and 12 th documents. d) Scan soft copy of leaving certificate. e) Scan soft copy of Migration certificate for other state students. f) Scan soft copy of Voter ID and Adhar Card. g) Credit or Debit card for payment of form.
- Students will have to undergo a Medical Fitness Test by a DGS approved Medical Practitioner appointed by the Foundation.
- If found medically fit, they are required to submit their original School Leaving Certificate & Mark Sheet (original with 3 photo copies) along with 10 passport size photographs and 10 stamp size photograph (white shirt, light background without tie), Medical Fitness Certificate (original with 1 photo copy), 1 copy of Passport and admission fees to the Mumbai Office or Nhava Campus office.
- Those students who are not from Maharashtra will have to furnish a Migration Certificate and eligibility from University of Mumbai.
- Parents of students who come from outside Mumbai are required to appoint local guardians, who may be contacted in case of any emergency.
- Those who have appeared for Std. XII may also apply.
Mrs Ashwini Deshmukh – Lecturer in Computer / Information Technology subject, has 9 years of teaching experience in various reputed colleges. She has completed M Phil in Information Technology from Yeshwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik and Master in Computer Management from Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. Serving as Assistant professor of Physics for DNS and B.Sc. Nautical science in Training Ship Rahaman since 2007. Completed M.Sc.in Electronics and Microprocessors at Department Of Physics, Mumbai University.B.Ed. from Mumbai University. She has worked as physics lecturer in K.G.K.C college of Karjat for period of 2 years from 2005 to 2007. Secretary of TSR Women Development Cell. Pooja Patil is a lecturer of Accommodation & Facility Management & Personal skills. she has completed her Masters in human Resource development management from the university of mumbai, also completed Bachelor in hotel & tourism management from YCMOU, and also done diploma in maritime catering technology and hotel management from Maharashtra state board of technical education.she has worked as a Housekeeping manager for 9 months in Alveston manor hotel United kingdom, and also done her training of one and a half months in North Point hotel khandala, “Serving as a course-in-charge BSc Nautical Sciences. Blessed with a penchant for teaching. Aspires to en kindle spirituality in students. Served on Crude oil tankers, product tankers & Bulk carriers. Took command in Feb 2019.” Chef Siraj M Shaikh – Associate Professor – (HOD)-Bakery & Patisserie – is an alumnus of IHMCT-Mumbai, also hold Master Degree in Tourism Management and is a Pastry Chef with 10 Years of Industrial Experience with National & International Companies. He had experience himself in International Cruise Liner as Pastry Chef.
- He contributed 29 Years of his life in giving Training and Education to Hotel Management Students, and also hold the Prestigious Award “Best Educator of the Year” – Indian Hospitality Congress.
- As HOD of Bakery & Patisserie, he had been mentoring students to face the National & International challenges of Hospitality World.
Chef Siraj is also Member of Hospitality Association and Academic Committees. He add honor to himself in serving as Pastry Chef to VVIP, Bollywood Stars, Cricketer and Celebrity etc. of Nation & International.
- MBA IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND TOURISM
- MA IN TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- TOTAL EXPERIENCE OF 20+YEARS
- Which includes 10 years teaching,
- 6 years sailing experience on cruise liner
- 4 years in various startups and chain of bakery and restaurant.
- Position : Faculty Food Production
Highly experienced Master Mariner who extensively sailed on different type of ships i.e. tanker, bulk carrier, general cargo and multi-purpose vessels. Also has extensive industry experience on ship insurance and surveys, chartering, supply chain logistics and shipping agency operations. Done Bsc MHS degree at T.S.Rahaman 7 years experience as a junior faculty in ARACAMH for CCMC students Ms.Meena Thapa is a Faculty for Food and Beverage Service. She has completed her BSc in Maritime Hospitality Studies, Post Graduation in Hospitality and has worked for many premium hospitality establishments including JW Marriots,Mumbai and Marine Plaza Mumbai. Sr. Lecturer in Food Production, an alumini of Bharthi Vidyapeeth of Hotel Management, has 16 years of experience in star category hotels in India and abroad, He has also served 4 years on Norwegian cruise liners. Mr. Haresh has also served ITC Fortune, Navi Mumbai as a Sr.
- Sous Chef.
- Three years diploma in hotel management from Govt.
- Institute of hotel management, Dehra Dun (topper of batch), Bachelors in hotel management from UoU, Masters in hotel and tourism management (YCMOU).
- Member ad-hoc committee to draft curriculum B.Sc.
- MHS (University of Mumbai), Member B.O.S for B.A in Culinary Arts (University of Mumbai).
Founder principal of College of Maritime Catering & Hospitality (Now ARACAMH) Training Ship Rahaman Founder principal of Jodhpur IHM. Chief consultant to setup Poornima IHM, Jaipur (affiliated to NCHMCT). Carries total experience of 26 years.11 years in hotels like IHCL (Taj group of hotels), UP hotels ltd.
(Clarks group), Best Western hotels and Kohinoor hotels and 15 years in hospitality education and training with MSBTE, University of Mumbai and National Council for hotel management and catering technology affiliated institutes. Serving as a Visiting Faculty in TS Rahaman Marine Academy Served on oil Tanker Container ship, Offshore oil and gas DP vessel.
Serving as a teaching faculty in T S Rahaman. Served on oil tankers, bulk carrier. Training Faculty GRADUATE OF TS RAJENDRA – 78/79 Batch. Started career in SCINDIA STEAM NAVIGATION and the Joined BARBER SHIP MANAGEMENT. Passed Masters Exam in March 1989 and got 1st command in 1993.
- Vast experience in command of Refrigerated Cargo vessel.
- Stint as PORT CAPTAIN at PARADIP ( 2015 ) working for TATA STEEL.
- Back office Manager at GLANCE ONE SHIP MGT ( RPSL ) Company at KHARGAR ( 2016 /17).
- One semester teaching at BP MARINE ( 1ST/2YR BSC NAUTICAL SCIENCE-Aug to Dec 2017 ) ).
- Presently working as Training Faculty at TS RAHAMAN.
CHE (USA):Principal of Abdul Rashid Academy of Culinary Arts and Maritime Hospitality. An Alumnus of the prestigious IHM Dadar, Mr. Paul has spent a major part of his career in the field of hospitality education. He has been the Principal of the prestigious OSHM College, affiliated to Calicut University, Kerala.
He also holds a CHE, the ultimate certificate in hospitality training from AHLA (USA). Mr. Paul felt that the Maritime Catering Training conducted across the country are not helping students to strive for excellence in the hospitality profession. He felt that the training provided was broad and was not specific.
Thus, felt the need for a Maritime catering course offering international standards of training. So, taking help from the industry stalwarts he initiated a three year degree in Bsc. Maritme Hospitality Studies, affiliated to Mumbai University, in order to provide students with higher education and career development opportunity.
- Course In charge CCMC, is an alumnus of IHM Trivandrum has completed management training program from Taj Coromandel, Chennai and has worked as a Catering officer on Merchant ships for four years. Mr.
- Cletus has also worked for Board of Examinations for Seafarers as a coordinator for CCMC all India Exit examinations.
During this period he has made substantial contributions to the board in compiling a CCMC training manual which is the first approved training manual for CCMC course. He has carried out training for saloon crew of many reputed shipping companies. He is a post graduate in Tourism Management from Madurai Kamaraj University.
- Vice-Principal, College of Maritime Catering and Hospitality.
- Completed M.
- Tech (MHM) from Nagpur University and MBA from Amravati University.
- He has worked in the Hospitality Industry for 3 years in various positions including Lobby manager and 9 years in the field of hospitality education.
- He is a member of committee of Bsc.
Maritime Hospitality studies course of Mumbai University. lecturer of Food production. He is pursuing MA in Tourism Management and completed 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from ITM Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. He has worked 2 years with the board of examinations for seafarers trust as an Examination Assistant and has 4 years of teaching experience in maritime institutes.
Lecturer of Food and Beverage Service. He is pursuing Bsc. In Hotel & Tourism Management and Completed craftsmanship course in Food Production and Patisserie from Dadar Catering College, Food Production from AHMA and F & B Service from AHMA (Correspondence). He has worked 7 years in F & B Service on Royal Caribbean Cruise line, 2 years as ARM in a specialized Italian restaurant and 2 years industrial training in Taj President, Cuffe Parade.
Ms.Archana Yendarkar is commerce graduate from University of Mumbai and she has completed her MBA from Sikkim Manipal University at Karrox college and Diploma in Financial Management from Wellingkar Institute. She has worked with Orbit Corporation as internal auditor for 8 years.
She has also completed her B.Ed from DY Patil University. She is a faculty for Cost and Financial Management, Strategic Management, Principles of Management and Human Resources Management. Started sea career with The S C I Ltd in 1977 and after sailing as Chief Engineer joined them as Technical Manager ashore in 1993.
Later worked as Technical Supdt in Eurasia Ship management. In 2004, taken over as Chief Executive officer of MAN B & W Diesel (I) Ltd with responsibility for India, Srilanka and Bangladesh region till 2009. Joined TS Rahaman as Consultant training in 2009 and continued till 2015.
- After 2 years in Indian Register of Shipping as Consultant training, returned to T S Rahaman in April 2017 Training Faculty I have a total sea service with the Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
- Of 26 and half year.
- This including 16 Years of Command experience of Oil Tankers (Crude Oil and Product), Bulk Carriers, Container Cum Cargo vessel.
I also served for 11 and half years in Technical Departments of the S C I shore management in various capacity till superannuating on 31st March 2017. I had handled large ship building project of Double-hull conversion of Oil tanker during my tenure. Training Faculty
- On completion of Pre-Sea Training from “Training Ship RAJENDRA” in the year 1980, joined Shipping Corporation of India as a Deck Cadet / Apprentice.
- After obtaining 2nd Mate COC in 1983, as the shipping was undergoing extreme recession, took up a job ashore at port of Kandla.
- With opening of jobs in 1987 joined as 3rd officer on “JAY LAXMI – a Bulk carrier owned by JAY SHREE SHIPPING”
- Between 1988 – 2009: worked at operational / management level with “V. Ships Inc.”mainly on Bulk Carriers and Tankers”
- Between 2010 – 2015 : worked with Fleet management Ltd. on Panamax and Cape size Bulk carriers.
- Wishing to settle ashore joined a coastal vessel of Essar Shipping Ltd and Later joined “T.S. RAHAMAN” in Mar 2018.
Serving as Course Incharge DLP, PSCRB, PST, PSSR & FRB & served on General Cargo, Care Carrier, open hatch Bulk Carrier Tanker & Forest product carrier. Serving as faculty in T.S. Rahaman & served on Oil/Chemical & Crude Tanker. Serving as faculty in T.S.
- Rahaman completed BBA (USA), Operational Manager, Port Captain & served on Container Ships Serving as Course Incharge GMDSS & served on Cargo Ships.
- Serving as faculty in T.S.
- Rahaman & served on Twin Decker, Tanker, Cont/Gen Cargo & Bulk Carrier Serving as faculty in T.S.
- Rahaman & completed MNI (UK), B.Sc.
(Hon), B.Ed.LL.B, COP-II & LL.M Maritime (UK) and served on Oil & Gas Tanker Serving as Course Incharge IMU DNS and served on Container Ship, Bulk Carrier & Cargo Tancker Serving as Course Incharge GP Rating and served General Cargo Vessel, Cellular Container Vessel, Product/Crude & Oil bulk Carrier & Oceangraphic Research Vessel & ISO lead Auditor, 12 Years as Technical Suritendent in SCI.
What is the fees of BSC in TS Rahaman?
Training Ship Rahaman Fees & Eligibility
|Diploma||₹3.55 Lakhs (Total Fees)||10+2|
|B.Sc||₹7.45 Lakhs (Total Fees)||10+2|
|Certification||₹2.24 Lakhs (Total Fees)||10+2|
|Certification||₹4.9 Lakhs (Total Fees)||10+2|
What is the fee for Nusi Goa GP rating?
1. NUSI GOA –
Course Duration – 6 Months Fees – RS.1,50,000 ACADEMIC FEES+ 18,000 UNIFORM FEES+2000 CAUTION MONEY.
Exams are conducted in first week of JANUARY FOR JULY BATCH AND first week of JULY for JANUARY BATCH EACH YEAR.
What is the GP rating?
GP Rating – GP Rating is a Six months Pre-Sea Training Program approved by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India. The training comprises of theoretical and Practical study of General Ship Knowledge and Marine Engineering Knowledge which gives the successful trainees an opportunity to join the merchant shipping in the Deck or Engineering Department as a Trainee GP Rating.
GP Rating means General Purpose Rating, GP Rating candidates are those who have been trained in both Deck and Engine Room tasks. Such ratings may be employed either in deck department or Engine department according to the needs of the company. They perform tasks related to Seamanship, Cargo Handling, Maintenance work on deck, Operation and Maintenance of Machinery.
This Course ensured higher employability of the Indian seafarers in the world market. GP Rating is a six months residential course approved by D.G Shipping (Govt of India). GP Rating syllabus includes the combined study of Deck and Engineering subjects.
This course will cover all aspects of the seafaring profession (Deck and Engine), which also include swimming, physical drills, workshop training, rope and mast climbing, lifesaving appliances usage, fire fighting exercises and ship visits etc. After the training, external examinations is conducted by Board of Examination of Seafarers (BES) under D.G Shipping (Govt of India).
Students who successfully pass the examination (BES) are issued INDIAN CDC and are eligible for ship jobs around the world. The students can join a ship as trainee OS (Ordinary Seaman) / trainee fitter/trainee oiler/trainee engine room cadet (for Diploma holders),
The G.P.Rating candidate will be able to work in all seamanship activities on-board at deck side & as well as at Engine side. With further Sea-service, they will be promoted as, Able-Bodied Seamen / Engine Fitter, Bosun, etc. They can also be promoted to Officer Level with certain sea service (36 months) and qualification requirements.
There are wide job opportunities for Indian Seamen all over the world. Those candidates who want to pursue a career in Merchant Navy as soon as passing 10 th Standard can join GP Rating course, These courses help the candidates to pursue the career in Merchant Navy and help in financial growth after 6 months of Pre-sea training.
- There is an entrance test and interview for GP Rating at IMI.
- Course Type: Pre Sea Course Center: Greater Noida Course Commencement: January onwards
- Course Duration: 6 Months
- G.P RATING ELIGIBILITY
- Educational qualifications:
- – 10th Standard pass from government recognized board with subjects English, Mathematics & Science with 40 % aggregate. English 40% in 10th / 12th
- Age limit:
- Maximum age limit is 25 years at the time of commencement of the course.
- Medical standards:
- Should be physically fit for sea and should meet the medical standards laid by the Director General of shipping.
– 12th Standard (any stream) pass from government recognized board with 40 % aggregate. English 40% at 10th or 12th but with subjects English, Mathematics & Science at 10th. – Pass in 2-year ITI course (Fitter / Machinist / Mechanic / Welder / Turner) approved by DVET / NCVT; with minimum 40% aggregate marks in the final year of ITI & minimum 40% in English in 10th / 12th.
- 6 Months pre-sea training approved by DG shipping govt of India.
- As Trainee Ordinary Seaman on board ship for 12 Months.
- Get Watchkeeping Certificates approved by DG shipping govt of India.
- Sail as AB for 12 to 18 months
- After total sea time of 30 Months appear for 2 nd
- 2 nd Mate sail as 3 rd
- Chief Officer,
Procedure for Booking of Seats, Important Dates for Admission & Joining. The admission process for enrolment in a G.P. Rating Course varies from college to college. In IMI the standard admission process involves these steps.
- Step1 : Registration of IMI (For registration Kindly contact on 8750055663 or E-mail on )
- Step2:It involves a written entrance examination. Candidate’ s basic knowledge and clarity on concepts is tested in this round.
- Step 3:It is based on a personal interview. Candidate’s self confidence is judged in this round.
- Step 4: Medical fitness examination by DGS approved doctor
To know more please visit Our website : E-mail : [email protected] Contact : : Best Institute For GP Rating Course | Courses After 10th – IMI
How do you get selected for Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy?
Selection in Anglo-Eastern is based purely on Merit.
How do I join Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy for DNS?
Are you passionate enough for a Merchant Navy Career? – Candidate is supposed to take Anglo Eastern online test. Please click on APPLY NOW button below to register for the same. After submission of online application, candidate will receive an email with details of the payment for the online entrance test.
What is the annual cost of BSc?
BSc Course Eligibility Criteria – The admission gate for IMTS Institute-associated universities for BSc three-year degree programs opens for candidates who have maintained the minimum eligibility criteria shown below.
Senior Secondary Examination or 12th or 10+2 in science or related subjects from an approved state/central board in India. The marks required for admission to the BSc program differ.
BSc Course Fees Bachelor of Science (BSc) three-year UG degree program fees in the online, and distance programs vary. Candidates have to pay a minimum fee of INR 11,000, and the highest fee of INR 20,000 annually for the BSc degree program. The fee can be paid semester-wise as well.
What is the fees of Trident College of Marine Technology for GP rating?
Trident College of Marine Technology : Placements, Admissions 2023, Ranking- campusoption.com Trident College of Marine Technology is a college offering education in the marine stream and is been approved by Directorate of Shipping, Indian Government.
- Trident College of Marine Technology is a maritime training and research based college which has become the destination for education as well developed in to a new landmark to grab the career opportunities at sea which combines the pride of professional and satisfaction in job.
- Trident College of Marine Technology offers courses like Pre Sea training course for G.P rating which is of 6 months duration, Certificate courses in Maritime catering which is also a 6 months course, SMS, ECDIS and many other marine courses.
- For Trident College of Marine Technology admissions, students will have to download the application form. The form should be filled and submit at the college admissions department.
- The Trident College of Marine Technology application form can be filled online as well. The admissions form is given on the official website of the college.
- Trident College of Marine Technology fee structure for GP rating would cost around 2 lakhs for 6 months and for CCMC course fee in Trident College of Marine Technology will be around INR180, 000 for total 6 months.
- Trident College of Marine Technology placement and training cell acts as a core section of the college which coordinated continuously with various shipping industries and organizations for providing good placements for students.
|Popularly known as||Trident College of Marine Technology|
|Chairperson||Mr. Apurba Saha|
|Director||M. Moon Moon Mahesh|
|College Area||5 Acres|
|Location||Pailan Park Housing Project, Phase -I, Amgachia Road (Off Diamond Harbour Road), Near IIM Joka, PO: Pailan, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Accredited /Approved By||Directorate General of Shipping|
|Affiliated||Indian Maritime Academy|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Admissions Basis||Merit Based|
|No of Students||5000|
Hello sir may I know the eligibility process for GPR Asked by Harneet Singh replied on 26-Feb-2021 16:12:01
- Candidates who have passed in 10 th with 40% eligibility from any recognized board (Science & Maths as compulsory subject) are eligible to apply for GP Rating at Trident College. (40% minimum marks is mandatory in English subject)
- Also, candidates who have possessed two years of ITI from any government-recognized institute with 50% eligibility are eligible to secure admission.
I want to know the procedures for admission and about this course Asked by Zeeshan abrar replied on 03-Feb-2021 17:39:55
- Suppose you are interested in getting admission for G.P.Rating (Pre-sea Training Courses) at Trident College. In that case, you must have passed in 10 th, or two-years ITI from any government approved college with 50% eligibility (40% in English as primary subject).
- It is a job-oriented course for six months, and the intake is 40 students per batch. Candidates get training under Deck Maintenance concluding Navigational works and offers training regarding the maintenance of Engine room and technical oriented jobs.
What is the fees of BSc in Indian Maritime University?
|3 Year B.Sc(Maritime Science)||For Male Cadets Rs 2,20,000/-per annum; For Female Cadets Rs.1,40,500/- per annum.|
|3 Year B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)||Fees for Residential candidates Rs.2,00,000/-per year which includes Food, Uniform & Books fees for Non-residential candidates Rs.1,40,000/- per year.|
What is the fees of GP rating course in Jaipur?
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTIONS: English. COURSE DURATION: 06 Months (Compulsory Residential). ELIGIBILITY:
Male candidates must have passed with aggregate of 40% marks in 10 th Standard/SSLC/SSC/Matriculation or equivalent examinations from a recognized Board with Science and Mathematics as subjects and also scored with minimum 40% marks in English subject.If the candidate is not scored 40% of marks in English Subject in 10th Standard/SSLC/SSC/ Matriculation examination. The minimum 40% marks scored in English Subject in 12 th Standard or in the Degree/Diploma Courses conducted by the recognized Board or University shall be considered.
Candidates must have completed 17 ½ Years and should be below 25 Years of age on the date of commencement of course (No relaxation of age shall be entertained as per Directorate General of Shipping, Mumbai).
The course fees for Pre-Sea Course for General Purpose Rating is Rs.1,20,000 – 2,00,000 which is to be paid by the candidates in one or instalments as per institute norms.
COURSE SYLLABUS: The Pre-Sea Training Course Syllabus is designed to give the Ratings : * A basic grounding in the ship’s routine, it’s operation, legislation and their related duties. * A good foundation in the principles of Safety, Accident Prevention, Pollution at Sea, Fire Fighting and First Aid.
- An idea of the theory and practice of a ship’s compass and hints on steering.
- Basic Engineering knowledge, maintenance and safe working practices.
- Nowledge regarding tools, equipment & instruments commonly found on board ships * A practical knowledge of handling of Ropes, Blocks, Tackles, & Rigging.
* Practical training in handling a lifeboat and starting its diesel engine. * Practical workshop training in Carpentry, Plumbing, Machine shop, Electrical, and Diesel Maintenance Shop & Hot work. All Ratings are required to complete the following mandatory courses during the training period : ~ Personal Survival Techniques, (PST) ~ Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting, (FPFF) ~ Proficiency in Elementary First Aid, (EFA) ~ Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities.
|1||Balaji Seamen Training Institute||Chennai|
|2||Cosmopolitan Technology of Maritime||Chennai|
|4||Indian Maritime University – Chennai Campus (NMA)||Chennai|
|5||Indus Seafarers Training Academy||Chennai|
|6||International Maritime Academy||Chennai|
|8||Southern Academy of Marine Studies||Chennai|
|9||Tamilnadu Maritime Academy||Chennai|
|10||Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Maritime Science and Engineering||Chidambaram|
|11||Oceanic Maritime Academy||Dehradoon|
|12||Nusi Maritime Academy||Goa|
|13||Sea Scan Maritime Academy||Goa|
|14||School of Seamanship & Nautical Tech||Kanchipuram|
|15||Columbus Maritime Academy||Khardi|
|16||Marine Medical Clinic||Khatdi|
|17||MMTI Education Trust||Khopoli|
|18||Yak Educational Trust||Khopoli|
|19||Euro Tech Maritime Academy||Kochi|
|20||Maritime Academy of India||Kolkata|
|21||Maritime Education Training & Research Institute||Kolkata|
|22||Trident College of Marine Technology||Kolkata|
|23||Seacom Marine College||Kolkata|
|24||Centre for Maritime Education and Training||Lucknow|
|25||J.Son’s Merchant Navy Institute||Merrut|
|26||Arya Marine Academy||Mumbai|
|27||Bonzer Academy of Maritime Studies||Mumbai|
|28||B.P. Marine Academy||Navi Mumbai|
|29||Training Ship Rahaman||Navi Mumbai|
|30||Aquatech Institute of Maritime Studies||New Delhi|
|31||Sriram Institute of Marine Studies||New Delhi|
|32||Orissa Maritime Academy||Paradip|
|33||Marine Officers Training Academy||Pondicherry|
|34||Sri Chakra Maritime Academy,||Pondicherry|
|35||Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Govt. Polytechnic||Port Blair|
|36||Commander Ali’s Academy of Merchant Navy||Secunderabad|
|37||Baba Marine Institute||Thane|
|38||Marine Training Academy||Udawara|
|39||Asha International Institute of Marine Technology||Varanasi|
Merchant Navy Salary After 10th: – After passing Class 10th, candidates can join a 6 month course known as GP Rating (General Purpose Rating) to get job in merchant navy as Deck or Engine crew.,
|Profile||Qualification||Field Requisite||Average Salary (Approx.)|
|GP Rating||Class 10th||4+ 2 months of pre-sea course||Rs.25,000 to 60,000 per month|
Other Profile Pay Scales in Merchant Navy :
|Chief Cook||Rs.1 -1.5 lakhs|
|Mess man||Around Rs.1 lakh|
What is the fees of GP rating course in IMA Chennai?
International Maritime Academy Courses and Fee Structure – Institute is offering Bachelor of Technology with specialization in few courses like Marine Engineering, Bachelor of Sciences in Nautical Science, Diploma in Nautical Science and also providing General Purpose Rating (GP) course.
Marine engineering is a four year degree programme which includes engineering of boats, ships, oil rings, and other marine vessels or structures. The course requires minimum qualification; candidate must be passed in High school/ (10+2) From a Recognized Board with 60% average in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and 50% in English subject either in 10 th or 12 th, Applicant can also appear in entrance exam conducted by university. The total fee for marine engineering is Rs.11,50,000/-.
Nautical science enables the trainees to become navigating officers and commanding ships. IMA is offering three year degree programme in Bachelor of Science in this course. Qualifications required by the aspirants are same as mentioned above. The total fee for B.sc. Nautical Science Rs.8,50,000/-. Read more about Indian maritime university, The institute also offers a one year Diploma course in Nautical Science, candidates who have passed in High school/ (10+2) from a recognized board with 55% average in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. OR B.sc in Physics, Chemistry Mathematics or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year with the average score of 55% in final year can apply for the course. Also students must be passed with minimum 50% in English subject in either 10 th or 12 th Any applicant with any kind of eye defect will not be permitted for this course. The total fee for Diploma Nautical Science is Rs.3,65,000/-.
General purpose rating course is a six months degree programme after which candidates will be eligible to join the Indian/ Foreign Shipping companies as an engine or deck crew. Qualifications required by the aspirants are same as mentioned in the engineering course. The total fee for GP Rating course is Rs.1,50,000/-. Note: There are PG and PH.d level courses also offered by the college. MBA courses in ship and port management etc are also offered.
What is GP vs PG rating?
BFI Screenonline: The US Ratings System In 1966, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (US, d. Mike Nichols) was released to huge critical and commercial success – but it also blatantly infringed guidelines set out by the Hays Code. The release of this and other similar films made it clear that the old system had broken down irretrievably.
As a result, the president of the Motion Picture Association of America, Jack Valenti, met with industry bodies and influential religious figures to discuss a new ratings system that would both satisfy demands for creative freedom and also concerns about moral standards. The first MPAA ratings were introduced in November 1968.
Much like the certificates awarded by the British Board of Film Classification, they recommended age restrictions for certain films, namely:
G – General audiences M – Mature audiences R – Restricted: no-one under 16 (later 17) admitted unless accompanied by an adult X – Adults only – no-one under 17 admitted.
After initial confusion about whether it was more or less restrictive than the R, the M rating was changed to GP (General audiences – Parental guidance suggested) in 1969 and then to PG (Parental Guidance) in 1970. Initially, the X rating was considered respectable, as demonstrated the following year when the X-rated Midnight Cowboy (US, d.
John Schlesinger, 1969) won the Best Picture Oscar. But in the early 1970s, the MPAA’s failure to copyright the rating meant that it was quickly hijacked by the pornography trade. As a result, X-rated films were generally considered pornographic, which meant that major studios, cinema chains and mainstream publications refused to handle them – regardless of artistic merit.
Distributors of serious but adult-oriented films preferred to release them without an MPAA rating, but found that this provoked similar economic pressure. In 1990, the X rating was replaced by the more neutral NC-17 (no-one under 17 admitted), but the stigma still remained – Eyes Wide Shut (d.
- Stanley Kubrick, 1999) was digitally modified in the US in order to avoid a commercially disastrous NC-17.
- In Europe, it was released unaltered with the appropriate adults-only classification.
- The other new rating was PG-13, introduced in 1984 following concerns that PG-rated films such as Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (US, d.
Steven Spielberg, 1984) and Gremlins (US, d. Joe Dante, 1984) were getting too violent for young audiences. This rating is effectively a stronger PG, with parents advised that the film might be unsuitable for under-thirteens. Broadly speaking, current British classifications are similar to US ones – G equals U, PG equals PG, PG-13 equals 12A (barring a one-year age difference) and NC-17 equals 18 (though the British version doesn’t have the cultural problems discussed above).
- The only major difference is the R rating, which has no direct equivalent – although most R-rated films get a 15 certificate, in Britain under-15s are not admitted even with an accompanying adult.
- A crucial difference between the two systems is that MPAA ratings are voluntary.
- While this is also true of British theatrical releases (unclassified films being subject to local authority approval), it is not true of video releases, which the 1984 Video Recordings Act require to be BBFC -approved.
It should also be noted that the MPAA and BBFC apply differing principles to films. The MPAA is generally more lenient towards violence but tougher on sex and non-sexual nudity (frontal male nudity in particular), but the BBFC ‘s concerns are often the other way round.
What does GP mean in age rating?
GP was an old rating from the MPAA that replaced the M rating, GP means: All Ages Admitted – Parental Guidance Suggested. (Sometimes a disclaimer would say “This film contains material which may not be suitable for pre-teenagers”) It was replaced in 1972, because some people thought it stood for “General Patronage” instead of parental guidance.
|Motion Picture Association film rating system|
|Formerly used ratings: M | GP | X|
What is a full form of GP?
General practice ; general practitioner.
What is the salary in Anglo Eastern?
Average annual salary in Anglo-Eastern Group is INR 11.3 lakhs.
What is the salary of Anglo Eastern Maritime?
Average annual salary in Anglo-Eastern Ship Management is INR 12.1 lakhs.
What is the salary of Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy?
Average annual salary in Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy is INR 8.9 lakhs.
Which college is best for DNS?
Diploma in Nautical Science Top Colleges in India
|College name||Location||Fees (Inr)|
|Indian Maritime University||Navi Mumbai||INR 2,25,000|
|Shriram Institute of Maritime Studies||New Delhi||INR 2,50,000|
|The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies||Pune||INR 1,80,000|
|Cosmopolitan Technology of Maritime College||Chennai||INR 90,000|
What is the salary of 3RD officer in Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy?
Average Anglo-Eastern Ship Management 3RD Officer salary in India is ₹ 8.0 Lakhs for experience between 1 years to 8 years.3RD Officer salary at Anglo-Eastern Ship Management India ranges between ₹ 1.8 Lakhs to ₹ 12.0 Lakhs.
Fees For Course – The course costs for the Pre-Sea Course for GP Rating are Rs.1,20,000 – 5,00,000, which must be paid in one or more instalments according to institute regulations. The top three Colleges which are recommended by Merchant Navy Decoded are TS Rahaman, NUSI Goa and Great Eastern Institute of Management Studies.
How can I get admission in NUSI Maritime Academy Goa?
Eligibility (As per DGS Norms) English 40% at 10th / 12th but with subjects English, Mathematics and Science at 10th. Pass in 2 year ITI Course (Fitter / Machinist / Mechanic / Welder / Turner) approved by DVET / NCVT with minimum 40% aggregate marks in final year of ITI & minimum 40% in English in 10th / 12th.
Who is director of nusi?
You are here – Home › Nusi Offshore Training Institute Nusi Offshore Training Institute is a Private incorporated on 07 November 2013. It is classified as Non-govt company and is registered at Registrar of Companies, Mumbai. Its authorized share capital is Rs.0 and its paid up capital is Rs.0.
It is inolved in Business activities n.e.c. Nusi Offshore Training Institute’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) was last held on 30 November 2021 and as per records from Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), its balance sheet was last filed on 31 March 2021. Directors of Nusi Offshore Training Institute are Milind Vaman Kandalgaonkar, Abdulgani Yakub Serang, Nand Atmaram Hiranandani, Rajeev Sudershankumar Nayyer,,
Nusi Offshore Training Institute’s Corporate Identification Number is (CIN) U74999MH2013NPL249862 and its registration number is 249862.Its Email address is [email protected] and its registered address is NUSI BHAVAN, GROUND FLOOR 4 GOA STRET, BALLARD ESTATE MUMBAI Mumbai City MH 400001 IN,
What is the full form of Nusi?
The National Union of Seafarers of India (NUSI) is the leading Seafarers Union in the country.