How to score maximum in prelims?
Strategy to Prepare for Prelims – It is important to begin preparing for Prelims at least 3 months prior to the exam. Since, the nature of prelims is different from the UPSC Mains and it focuses more on the facts, it is important to revise the whole syllabus with sufficient time to practice a lot of mock tests. The general strategy to prepare for prelims is given below:
Make a study plan with dedicated time to revise a subject, current affairs notes and solve at least 50 questions daily. You can start with the toughest or the lengthiest subject first. Focus on the and revise what you have already read. After covering the basics, revise sources other than the NCERTs. Revise at least one year of current affairs. Practice previous years’ papers. Practice mock tests. Don’t ignore the paper and practice well in advance.
Note- Read about in detail in the linked article.
Which institute is best for current affairs?
Best Sources for Current Affairs
|Name of the Institute||Website||Contact|
|Vajiram & Ravi IAS||https://vajiramias.com/||011- 41007400|
What is VisionIAS test series?
All India GS Prelims Test Series – One of the flagship programs of VisionIAS, the All India GS Prelims Test Series is taken by thousands as a stepping stone to crack the UPSC Prelims examination. The Post Test Analysis helps aspirants identify their areas of strengths & improvements and helps them improve their Prelims score.
How to choose test series for UPSC Prelims?
5. It Should Be A Convincing Simulation Of The UPSC Prelims – The level of difficulty for the questions should be such that it equips you to answer the Prelims for the Civil Services Exam with ease and confidence. Otherwise, solving the Test Series would only result in a waste of your time.
- Finally, while opting for the Prelims Test Series, it is advisable to consider the depth the UPSC syllabus prescribes for various topics.
- Besides, keep in mind the competition for the specific subject, you are practicing solving the Test Series for.
- Also, practice the Test Series more often.
- The more you practice, the easier you find it to face the Prelims.
Thus, choose a Test Series that offers you sufficient numbers of the Tests to practice. Besides, choose a Test Series that enhances your level of competence at various platforms. That is to say, apart from considering the requirements of the syllabus prescribed by UPSC for the Prelims, the Test Series that you go ahead with should provide you with questions designed in a manner that you get to know where do you lack actually? This self assessment is going to be far more useful than what you might have thought of initially.